-Shtunk-

Paige walked out of her house, throwing up and catching a hand axe with one hand, throwing and catching it.

She needed to keep her skills up if she wanted to coach her future tributes.

She caught the axe and grabbed her upper left arm, rubbing the 23 names of her game, squeezing on that side when it was her right upper are that hurt with Ren Div and Kiran Larosh still freshly etched in the skin, she'll make sure she remembered all her tributes too, right above their name, Brent Halavey.

She'll make sure she remembers every single person the Capitol took from her, she'll make sure none are ever forgotten.

She dropped her arm, standing in front of a tree, in a familiar spot, lifting a hand in front of her and the armed one above her head and threw it. The movement causing her untied hair to whip in her face.

It hit the bark.

Shtunk.

Not only did she see her axe hit the back of the head of the little girl in the forest, but also.

"Wow you so good Sequoia!"

She whipped around, gasping but finding no one as her eyes wildly scanned around her.

She instantly crumbled down on one knee, gripping her other knee.

She pushed herself back and sat cross legged, grabbing her face in her hands.

"I wish you were here Marcus, my little Sapling." She breathed, voice choking up, as she fished for the flask always in her pocket and took a swig from it, the content of it burning her throat just how she liked it.

With a deep breath and sigh, Paige stands and walks to the axe, pulling it out of the tree and leaning her palm against it.

This was the last thing either of her family touched.

She pressed her hand on despite the relief in the surface with jagged piece standing up and stabbing into her palm.

"I will fight for you." She promised the tree with the past they shared. "I'll make sure they will all know who you are."

---------------------------------------------------------

Shtunk.

Shtunk.

Shtunk.

It was a sound Johanna once hated, it would bother her whenever it started and make her sigh in relief when it was over.

It was constant and bothersome, finding it so annoying, knowing much of the training that was going on would serve for nothing.

But now?

Shtunk.

She closed the book she was trying to read, not really having much luck, just staring blank at the pages and lost in thought.

She dropped it on the table and stood, walking to the window that opened into the yards all victor house shared.

And pulled the beige curtain away to look out it, grinning.

She dropped it, speed walking to her room, climbing the steps two at a time and grabbing her axe off the mount it occupied over her head, despite being a victor they never took these away from them, everyone from 7 was basically born and died with their work jacket and axe by their side unless they were chosen as tributes.

She almost slid down the stairs she was going so fast, even chuckling at her almost fall as she exited her home.

She tucked a hand in her waistband and rested the axe on her shoulder.

"I haven't heard the annoying sound in a while." She called when she was near enough.

Paige looked over, walking to pull the one axe out of the three, holding the two others in one hand.

"Yeah, I needed a distraction." Paige shrugged.

Johanna's gaze remained on the bundle of three axes, three of them for a family of three, two of them not buried with their owners, Paige was not ready to let them go so fast and might not for years.

"I still remember how you'd complain to my father about us disturbing your beauty sleep." Paige added before throwing an axe.

Shtunk.

She lost in accuracy but she'll get it back if she kept training, these axes were work axes, not meant to be thrown so if she can hit bullseyes again, helping the tributes with game axes designed to have the ability to be thrown would be easier. 

Shtunk.

Johanna watched, Paige's hands were shaking and from this close she didn't look near as calm as from the window.

Shtunk.

"I lost my hand." Paige grabbed her wrist, flexing her hand.

"It's still good considering you haven't touched axes since the games." Johanna took hers off her shoulder and with half a spin threw it much more horizontally then Paige had been with over the head throws.

SHTUNK!!

Johanna's was a longer axe, a work axe for the trees while Paige's hand axes were for smaller jobs and better suited as weapons, lighter, that difference came from Johanna being a girl like any others before while Paige was the child of a victor that started to train her to fight.

The axe hit almost horizontally in the tree and deep.

"I still haven't lost it." The older victor rolled her shoulder with a smirk.

"That's far from the bullseye." Paige walked to retrieve her axes and Johanna followed.

"I was not aiming for it." Johanna needed to rip her axe out it was so deep. "Just trying to hit the tree."

"Then you sure did."

"What? Trying to sound cocky? What about you makes you better at throwing axes?"

"Trust me, you could not beat me in hand axes."

"As if, I am good with them and this, I bet you can't even lift this."

"Shut up Johanna."

"Make me."

Paige effortlessly smacked her hand axe on Johanna's with an eye roll but there was this smile on her face.

Johanna was always happy to see her smile, it almost became a game to her to try to make the girl smile.

And she had a plan to make her smile more.