-2-7-

(Fun fact: This is the 27th chapter and it is named 2-7)

"Son of a bitch, she did it." Johanna said when she heard the door open to 7's quarters and it could be only one person.

"Yeah." Paige sat next to her, out of reflex holding the liquor out to the other victor who read the ingredients like always before handing it back, both looking at the screen.

The career pack as a whole, the 1, 2 and 4s had accepted the female 7, Laria Loris, into the pack, she had picked up enough of skills with an axe in one week with Paige that she was a worthy ally for the moment.

"Sharing is caring?" Johanna held an empty glass towards Paige. "Don't make me wait Paper."

"I know my name is said like page but jeez really?" She asked with a grin as she poured the brown liquid in Johanna's glass.

"You call me Jo, that's a man's name, I get to call you Paper." She gently rebuked, clinging the glass to the bottle.

"Touché." Paige said, leaning back in the couch and crossing her legs on the little coffee table, taking two big gulps from the bottle. "And don't be mad at Finnick, he is a total peacock, flaunting his little ass around until it gets bitten."

"That doesn't save his ass a bit from my wrath to get it bitten by someone else, I'll feed it to the mutts for hurting you."

Paige turned away slightly and drank more, trying to keep herself in check, finding herself get nervous around her friend.

She wanted to scoot away to get more space but Johanna seemed to have other ideas, shifting so that she was leaning against Paige's shoulder, making the young girl feel trapped.

"I don't need you protecting me." She said, feeling her heart beat wildly.

"I want too." Johanna shrugged, never looking away from the screen, it shifted to a boy from 10 killed the one of 12. "We are all the other has left and Snow can do nothing about it but our brains can."

Paige looked at her.

"You know about the nightlock...."

"I've seen you contemplate it greatly before I realized it was each night before you drink yourself to sleep.... Don't you dare leave me Paper got it? I don't want to be the only victor of 7."

"I'll never leave." Her heart felt like it would jump out of her chest and dance a jig, she was grateful that Johanna wasn't looking at her at this moment.

It because worst when the other victor moved again so she could lean her head on her shoulder.

"It's not a problem is it?" She asked about the position.

"No." Paige shortly said, being unable to think of something else.

"Good, because I don't intend on moving anyway."

----------------------------------------------------

Paige felt like she was reliving hell but in the opposite point of view.

All that died but the careers and Laria, they all turned on 7.... All but--.

2s tributes were sprinting through the forest in a headless sprint, the girl having a grip of her tribute, the three running from their previous allies who had been chasing them.

No matter what Paige had wanted from her game, one thing was clear, she had created a sense of belonging between 2 and 7, an alliance that would span through several of the hunger games to come.

(I am basing off this map just in case you care

(I am basing off this map just in case you care.)

2 and 7 were seemingly tied in an everlasting alliance, one stronger then the one between the careers.

Paige closed her eyes at the cannon signalling a death, 2's male had climbed a rocky cliff and helped Laria up with the girl of 2 lifting from below and moments away from them reaching for her, an arrow shot through her back and into her heart, the body falling backwards on the ground.

This chase was horrible, 2 and 7 couldn't seem to be able hide from 1 and 4, always hot on their tail and they ran themselves in a dead end.

The next cannon was 7's, she took the shot for 2 since he was who'd have a better chance in surviving.

She died in his arm, and Paige almost saw Jasmine in her, as in her last moments, she shakily handing her hair tie over, whispering something. 

But sadly for her, their story didn't finish like Paige's had.

2 blindly rushed in and it didn't take a minute for him to be skewered by blades.

He staggered back, blood pulling out of his gut.

And in his last moment, he lifted his hand in a fist, throwing his arm up with a war cry, hair tie visible around it, the next moment a spear to the face sent him down.

Paige squeezed the bottle in her arm, lifting her other one up too before slamming it in the couch.

"Dammit." She grumbled, grabbing her face as she felt Johanna loop her arms around her.

"Sssh, it will be fine."

That night, Conor Trek and Laria Loris joined the names on her right arm, to be remembered and never forgotten.