-Katniss Everdeen-

(Fun fact: I gave the nameless tribute of 7 for the 74th game a name, Olivia Geert, and I changed up the game like Paige saw, Clove teaming up with her, Katniss, Thresh trying to kill Katniss and all that.... I saw one single comment on my book and I know for sure the one gay for Clove would enjoy this as I will*Wink* I want to write out that story so people can really see what happened and not just what Paige's story showed as there was more to 2 and 7 in that game, the true star crossed lovers..... Star Crossed..... Yes, that will be the title of that book, since after all, we already know how their story ends~ and yes I will already write a chapter for it.)

"She will kill you 7!" Peeta said in panic.

By now, working with assigned doctors, he was getting better but still, Paige didn't get how it was a good idea of having her go see him.

"She is not dangerous, I am strong enough to protect myself." She told him, leaning against the wall.

"You can't meet her!! She'll hurt you!! She's a mutt!!"

"Peeta, calm down." He was rocking back and forth as he sat in bed, she put a hand on his head, stopping his movement. "Johanna will keep me safe." She tried, maybe he'd remember her and it would help the panic he was feeling.

"Johanna? Your.... District partner?" He asked slowly.

"Yeah, her, the woman that undressed in the elevator in front of you."

"I... Remember her, she is good with an axe."

"Yes she is and she'll be with me if Katniss tries anything, she'll cut her really good but I need to talk with her."

"Don't let her touch you, tell Johanna to kill her before she touches you."

Paige sighed, there had been a moment Peeta could have escaped, one where Snow's eternal grasp wavered but he had come back for her, it mess with the trackerjacker hijacking, she was not meant to be part of his torture but it happened, Peeta would kill Katniss if it meant protecting Paige and everyone but him saw just how tragic it was.

"Alright, I'll tell here..." She pat his thigh. "When you get better at dealing with stress, come visit Johanna and I." She walked to the door. "We will gladly have you."

"Kill her, kill her if she threatens you."

"Bye Peeta."

"Well that was better then we thought." Plutarch said when Paige exited the room.

She sighed, shaky breath, it still stressed her out, she grabbed her left upper arm tightly.

"Mhm." She nodded.

"He is making progress, now it's your turn. Are you ready?"

"I told you, Johanna comes."

"And I understand that and she'll be there but Katniss is here now, this is important, we told her to be cool, just talk while I go get Johanna, it won't be five minutes."

"I.... I think I can deal with that."

"Good, she is already waiting for you."

---------------------------------------------------

Katniss wasn't the closest to 7's victors for different reasons.

Johanna Mason because they couldn't really stand in each other's presence, Katniss did try to be nice but the bold victor had a snap to her, one she only lost around 7's other victor, and Katniss was at fault. She didn't make herself the mockingjay but it was this that brought the victor pain.

Paige Halavey was a different story, she'd seen and remember her games, seen her love for her brother, seen her stand for her in the arena, she had been tortured for her, the young woman knew barely anything that wasn't surface level about Paige but the victor had always been there, even in her own games, remembering that sponsor parachute. Two people, one that laid out the gunpowder and one that lit it, Katniss felt alien to Paige and yet somehow, the young 71st's victor was the only one that could understand what she was going through.

The door opened and she instantly stood.

She hadn't actually seen Paige since her freak out in the hospital room and Johanna screaming her out of the room, just like Peeta, the young woman didn't escape without aftermath.

The old hair style fit her better, before she was less fine, rounder shapes to her face and not this more angular look, and her skin, pale as if she never seen the sun, eyes faded but even so, a familiar fire in it, all Katniss could call it was simple: A forest fire.

"Paige. I am so hap--" She took two big steps to hug her but stopped, the deadly glint on the edge of the hand axe held up towards her.

For a moment she reached for an arrow but stopped, not only because she didn't have a weapon but also because she actually did that.

"Stay.... Back...." The other woman gulped. "In that corner."

Katniss lifted her hands and sat back down, only then did the victor lower her arm but not drop the weapon.

She knew they mustn't have spared Paige the trackerjacker treatment from how she first reacted but for some reason she didn't expect aggression as before it was a fear response purely.

"I'm sitting." Katniss said, Paige hadn't moved closer, not only that, she actually moved away, leaning against the wall, keeping an eye on Katniss. "I will not hurt you."

"We need to talk." Paige simply said even if she wasn't sure about that.... These five minutes were going to be long ones.