-76th-

(Fun fact: This song is literally Paige.)

"--But history doesn't stop to celebrate." The woman from district 8, Paylor, was making a speech, Paige, Katniss and Johanna standing in the crowd. "And we're facing an enemy that will not change and will never surrender. President snow has pulled back peacekeepers to fortify the center of the city. He's evacuating residents from the outer blocks. These civilians will be confused and desperate. You are under orders not to target them. We're deploying medical brigades to help anyone in need. We'll show the capitol people who we are." She pointed to a map behind her. "To slow our advance, president Snow is building a minefield of traps and lethal devices called 'pods' .... The sadistic inventions of gamemakers meant to make sport of our deaths. If our armies make it past peacekeepers and other defenses, we'll converge in the center of the city at Snow's mansion where we won't just unlock his gates but unshackle all of Panem."

The map zoomed in as Paige squinted.

"If we die, let it be for a cause and not a spectacle. If we succeed, let it be for all of Panem and let it be forever. Yes, you've already made history but the future, our future, starts tomorrow at dawn when we march together into the capitol."

--------------------------------------------

"Looks like you got your meals covered." Johanna said, immitating Gale even if Paige hadn't heard the convo he had with Katniss.

She had been shoving food rations in a bag she threw on her back.

"Wanna be prepared in case we get stuck in their without resources."

"Smart thinking from my smart girl." Johanna pat her head as Paige stood.

"Lets join the others yeah?" She asked with a grin that was echoed.

"Sure."

They walked towards where they saw Katniss, Gale, Boggs, Cato and new faces.

"Hey Jo?"

"Hmmm?"

"Try not to die on me."

"Same to you."

"Finally." Boggs called out. "Mason, Halavey, I already introduced Everdeen and Hawthorn to the team now it's your turn to meet your new unit." He said a bit annoyed. Johanna just childishly stuck out her tongue at him while Paige shook the hand of the woman that stepped forwards.

"I'm lieutenant Jackson" She said, strict in her voice. "This is second lieutenant Mitchell, best sharpshooter in Panem as we told Everdeen. These are the Leeg sisters, combat division and this is corporal Homes."

Paige shook all their hands.

"And I suppose you already know soldier Hadley." Cato waved at them with a grin.

"Good to be working with you." Paige said.

"Same to you 7's career, we've heard much of you, better then about Everdeen here, you at least know to follow orders."

"Then you don't know her at all, no one controls my Paige."

Before the Jackson lady could realize what Johanna threw in, Katniss spoke up.

"Finnick? Are you with us?" She called out.

Paige smiled, side hugging the victor as he unfolded a trident.

"Looks like it." He pat Paige's shoulder and asked Johanna for a fist bump by lifting his but he didn't get one, just shrugging.

"That was a short honeymoon." Katniss said.

"Yeah, well,I guess we're gonna have to have one in the capitol after we take it." He sounded a bit bitter but still ready to fight.

"Gather 'round." Boggs called, everyone listening. "Squad 451, you're my unit. Lieutenant Jackson is my second-in-command. Each one of you is elite in some form of combat but we are a non-combat unit so we'll be following days behind the front-line troops."

"You're to be the onscreen faces of the invasion 'the star squad'." The woman that filmed everything for Katniss said. "It's been decided that you're most effective when seen by the masses."

"So we're not gonna fight?" Katniss asked in shock.

"You'll do whatever you're ordered to do, soldier." Boggs angrily added, pointing at her for a moment. "It's not your job to ask questions."

"Yes, sir."

"Our instructions are to shoot propaganda footage on the battle-scarred streets of the capitol. You were hand picked to intimidate their forces and inspire surrenders, even though we'll be working on abandoned streets miles behind the front lines, I guarantee you, wherever they put us, it will not be safe."

"This is a war zone, nothing is safe." Paige said, throwing her arms up, none of the sneak-aways came here to stand around doing nothing.

"It is likely that we'll encounter both active pods and peacekeepers." He said as if to say she'll get to fight. "You're considered high-value targets to the Capitol, That means 7's career, 7's mad dog and the Mockingjay."

"7's mad dog." Paige nudged Johanna who smacked her, making the girl chuckle.

"In the event of capture, you'll be given a nightlock pill." Paige chocked up.

"A poison that acts immediately." Paige whispered as she remembered the one waiting for her in her home in 7.

"Our unit has been given a holo. A database that contains a detailed map of the Capitol and a list of every known pod. These pods can trigger anything from bombs to traps to mutts. We cannot move without this device. There's no guarantee that our database is complete, there could be new pods that we're not aware of because we don't want the gamemakers to know we have this intel, it has a self-destruct on it. You flip this switch, say 'nightlock' three times and it blows itself and anything within a 10-foot radius." He looked at Katniss. "Stay within our unit." He said as if he knew of her tendencies to not follow orders. "Even with the holo, it is likely that new pods have been set. Whatever they contain they are meant to kill you."

When he was done, Paige walked away, standing out in the air and not under the stuffy feeling tent roof.

She stared up at the Capitol buildings.

"I never liked the Capitol but in ruins? It looked quite nice don't you think?" Johanna asked, standing next to her, a hand on her hip and the other on her axe.

"I mean, could use a bit more fire." Katniss snide remark was heard as she and Finnick followed to two other victors.

"Want me to blow it up?" Cato asked, holding a button and pressed it. "Boom." He mouthed with a laugh from Finnick.

"Ladies and gentlemen." Finnick said, turning to look at them all. "Welcome to the 76th hunger games."

Paige took a deep breath, feeling a sense of Deja-vu.

Two tributes from 7, one from 4, one from 2, one for 12.

She almost laughed at the irony of fate as it reunited the pack of the 71st games.

And this pack was ready for revenge.

(Fun fact: It was accidental that 2, 4, two from 7 and 12 teamed up for Paige's hunger games and here too but it fits soooo well.)