-74th-

(Fun fact: I am writing a fanfic for this version of the 74th game, it is called 'Star Crossed' if you wanna read it when I publish it.)

"I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!"

Paige rarely saw volunteers outside of 1 and 2, even for 4 it was rarer, she was the only volunteer 7 ever had too, it was rare but to see a girl from 12 volunteer was something never seen.

"I'd ally with her." She told her tributes, pointing at the screen. "She might not look it but she'll fight tooth and nails to survive." She went on.

"So no 2?" The boy asked.

"No, you should still try, the Capitol love this, if you get with 2 and 12 they'll go bonkers, in your interview you can speak of my games and how I inspired you, that can get you sponsors."

"So 2 and 12.... Show us how to show axes again." The girl said, neither of her tributes felt like they'd survive for long but she wasn't abandoning them.

To her relief once again she didn't see the familiar face of that boy in 2's volunteers, she did her snooping with Enobaria's help, Cato turned 19 the day after the reaping and it was three days after it, the boy would live, her friends memories would live.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Katniss Everdeen.... 11."

Paige never seen such a high number outside of a rare career that could get one so high, it was hard to even get and 8 if you weren't a career.

The alliance was iffy too, Katniss, like every person, was just on edge, having refused 7's advances and this year only one of 2 accepted the alliance, if Paige remembers right it was a Clove named girl.

And so, she went to talk with Heymitch over a glass of Vodka, right in 12's quarters, only being able to access it as she accompanied him.

Peeta and Katniss observed the young woman with fear mixed with admiration, they had both see her games.

Peeta found her strong, noble, fighting not for honor despite being call 7's career but to help others, ever since she became the mentor, seven's survival of the bloodbath became more common, instead of both instantly dying one had a chance of surviving.

Katniss felt kinship, this victor had volunteered for a little girl and then in the game did all she could to keep her brother safe just like she would with Prim, she treated everyone with respect, she cried for the death of other tributes and laid them to rest with their districts honors.

But both were terrified at the images of a mindless killer that all by herself killed four careers while being shot twice and had her side sliced open.

Paige only talked with Heymitch and a few words with Effie before going her way.

"If I was you, I'd accept my tributes' help as the odds are not in your favor girl on fire." She said calmly as she left.

---------------------------------------------------------

Boom.

And just like that, Karl Linigton from 7, died in the bloodbath.

Katniss had ran.