-Reunited-

(Fun fact: Idk why but I kept this song specially for this chapter.)

"What do you mean you lost them?!" Johanna yelled, Finnick holding her back, Katniss sobbing Heymitch's arms.

"We lost them, the defenses came back up, Snow knew the team was in there."

"You bitch!! Try to sound at least sorry!!" Johanna was trying to claw Coin's eyes out but 4's victor was to strong. "Let me go Finnick! Let me at her!"

--------------------------------------------

"It's the worst torture in the world." Finnick said, leaning against the wall while Johanna sat on the ground opposite to him. He wasn't talking to her, he was talking to Katniss who stood by his side.

"What is?"

"Waiting, when you know there's nothing you can do." Johanna hugged her knees, angry and upset at the same time.

There was literally nothing they could do but wait to see if the team ever successfully got out of the Capitol, holding on that little hope.

"Especially for people like us." Finnick went on. "But whatever strength, courage, madness, keeps us going, you find it again at times like these. It's what's kept you alive all this time and it won't fail you now."

Johanna really wished she could believe him but at the time ticked by and the hours past, it was harder and harder, with something becoming clear despite not wanting to admit it.... Johanna might have lost another person she cares for right to Snow's hands once again.

"They're back!"

Out of everyone, Johanna was the fastest, jumping up in a dead sprint as if her life depended on it and it might as well have been the case because that's how she felt.

She rounded a corner with such speed she slipped and knocked into a cart with surgical tools on it and sent them falling everywhere.

"Finnick!" She looked up to see Annie pull IVs out of her arm and run towards the man.

"Annie? Annie! Annie!" He screamed as he embraced her tightly, spinning her around as Johanna stood. "You're safe. You're safe."

She pushed up, Katniss running into a room.

"Cato!" Johanna spotted him at the side of the really roughed up looking Enobaria, running up. "Cato! Paige?!" She asked, looking frantically.

"She is critical, the doctors are trying to help her but 7, it is not pretty." Enobaria answered, having seen the state Paige was in.

"Yeah, they are doing what can be done." Cato added.

"No..." She dropped to her knees. "I am so sorry Paige."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Look at what they did to you." Johanna said, brushing her hand through the short choppy haircut on the younger victor, short enough to stay out of the way but long enough for a good grip, and that thought made her blood boil even more.

The list of injuries were atrocious even if on the shorter side for what she expected, still a miracle that she was not on life support right now despite that.

Johanna knew of the hair being used as a grip because on the chart, they didn't take guard to hide it from her, it was listed that the back of her skull had fractures and Cato told her they found her tied on her back, leaving only one way for those fractures to get there, it was to be held by the hair and slammed down.