Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Crazy

As I stood in front of my closet, staring at the rows of neatly hung clothes, I couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement and nervousness.

Today was the day I had been waiting for—my first day as an intern at one of the most prestigious companies in the country, especially in the fashion industry. It was a dream come true, and I was determined to make the most of it.

I mean, who wouldn't? This was the opportunity of a lifetime—a chance to learn from some of the industry's best business leaders and hone my skills in a professional environment.

Kahit hindi ito orihinal na kasali sa life plan ni Tobie, o maging sa akin, this was still a dream come true! And I know somewhere, he was also very proud of me.

As I slipped on my Smitten blazer over the sage green blouse of the same brand that Gio got me, I grabbed my shoulder bag, took a deep breath, and reminded myself that I was ready for this.

Nagpresinta si Gio na sunduin ako para sabay na kaming pumunta roon kaso hindi ako pumayag. Tingin ko, hindi magandang ideya iyon.

First day ko sa Smitten bilang intern. I didn't want to waste this chance. You know, to create a good first impression to my soon-to-be colleagues for one and a half month.

I mean, what if they learned about my connection to Giovanni? To their family? Would they view me as a nepotism hire, unworthy of this opportunity?

Ang totoo, iyon ang ilang araw nang bumabagabag sa akin.

I deserved to be here, not just because I was connected to Giovanni and his family—the higher ups. Dahil wala naman talagang iyong kaugnayan kung bakit ako nandito!

I convinced myself that I'd do everything to prove myself and make a name based on my merit.

Those were my thoughts on the first day of our internship at Smitten Head Office.

"Wow," napangangang bungad sa akin ni Raquel nang tabihan ko siya sa cafeteria. "You're more diligent than I thought, Ophelia. Walang lugar na hindi mo dala ang trabaho mo. Wala kang pinapalagpas na oras."

I grinned with quivering lips. Hindi ko alam kung humahanga ba siya sa kasipagan o sa kasawiangpalad ko.

Ramdam ko na ang pag-usbong ng ugat mula sa leeg ko. Nakakapagod!

Binagsak ko ang tumpok ng magazines sa lamesa at mabilis na sinalinan ng malamig na tubig ang tumbler.

"I feel like your supervisor's holding a big grudge against you or something."

"Hah! Congratulations on being the last one to know!"

Agad akong umupo sa tapat niya pagkatapos kong uminom.

Ngumisi sa akin si Raquel. "Small price to pay for being Giovanni's girlfriend, eh?"

"First, what did I do to pay for it?" I scrunched up my nose as I grabbed a fries from my plate. "Second, why would I pay them?"

"Good point. Because you have to pay me first, right? Time for you to keep your end of the deal."

Tumango na lang ako at nilapag sa lamesa ang bayad.

Dahil pinaiwan ako ng supervisor sa meeting para sa dagdag gawain, nakisuyo muna ako kay Raquel na bilhan ako ng makakain.

Tinanaw ko ang counter. May kahabaan ang pila sa cafeteria. Baka bumigay na ang katawan ko kapag hindi pa ako umupo ngayon.