Chapter 44

Hi! Sennsei here. I apologize if the update is released later than expected. There's a lot going on with work, private life, and my newly adopted furbaby.

But most of all, I don't want to rush and force myself to finish this chapter because this part holds one of the most integral parts of the story (aside from being the hardest and heaviest chapter thus far). I refuse to stick to the deadline I set for myself at the expense of the quality and the reading experience that I want you, guys, to have with this chapter.

I hope this is worth the wait though! I did my best to deliver the emotions and give justice to the characters' struggles. So as we draw nearer to the Epilogue, I want to take this opportunity to give you all a virtual hug as my thanks for sticking with me until here!

Please watch out for Giovanni's point of view and support my upcoming stories, too! ❤️
---

Chapter 44

Wound

"You're early."

Gianna revealed herself when she rolled down the car window and removed her shades.

Tumayo ako mula sa bench pagkarating niya sa napag-usapan naming meeting place.

"M-Maaga akong natapos... sa review." Napatikhim ako.

The truth was... I couldn't focus at all after learning about Giovanni's condition yesterday. Alam kong wala na kami, pero hindi ibig sabihin noon, tuluyan nang nabura ang nararamdaman ko para sa kanya.

I loved him... And maybe, I still love him.

I clenched my fists at that thought.

No, in fact, I am still in love with Gio. But being in a relationship with him... after learning about his involvement in Tobie's death... would be downright illogical. It felt like a significant error, a violation of common sense, and a betrayal of the rules and rationale I had already compromised for him...

Pinagmasdan kong suotin muli ni Gianna ang salamin niya, animo'y tapos na siyang makipag-usap sa akin.

Hindi na siya bumaba ng sasakyan. Umikot ang driver para pagbuksan ako ng pinto kaya agad akong sumakay roon nang tahimik.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" sa kontrolado kong boses.

Bago ako umalis sa mansiyon ng mga Fabian kahapon, laking gulat ko nang sundan ako ni Gianna para ipaalam na gusto niya akong makausap ngayon.

She said, there was someone she wanted me to meet. Wala pa rin akong ideya kung sino at kung saan kami pupunta. Kaya mas naghari ang kaba sa akin.

The sole factor that persuaded me to heed her words was the possibility that they might lead me to know more about Giovanni's current condition.

"Her office," malamig at tipid niyang sagot habang abala sa phone.

Her...

Who could it be?

An influx of unspoken questions flooded my mind, but I mustered the strength to contain them until the car came to a complete halt in front of an unfamiliar building.

Nahuli kong nagsusuot na ng cap at facemask si Gianna bukod sa suot niyang shades. Nauna na siyang lumabas.

Pinagbuksan din ako ng driver kaya agad akong yumuko para sana maghanda sa paglabas, pero dahil sa takot na makaabala ang tagal ng pagbaba ko, nilakihan ko na ang hakbang sa pag-aakalang maaabot ko na agad ang kalsada.

Mabilis ko iyong pinagsisihan dahil muntik na akong bumagsak at matapilok! Napatili ako. Kung hindi pa ako nasuportahan ng driver, baka nahulog na talaga ako!