INFP/INTJ experience part 1

It's generally a calm relationship.

My husband is an INTJ and I am an INFP.

We both respect each other's need for solitude and quietness. We don't need to be constantly talking to feel comfortable around each other. Me: "Am I too quiet ...or does it bother you I don't talk much around people I don't know well?" Him: "No. I strongly dislike loud-mouthed women".When we first met, his slight social awkwardness actually gave me confidence to open up more— because I knew he wouldn't judge me for my own bumbles (that come from being a real person, not Barbie) . In turn, he deeply appreciated my openness and authenticity. The ability to skip over the little 'games of dating' was sheer bliss to him. He talks about it years later... :)He seems to be rather fascinated by my creativity. When I'm working on artwork, weaving or studying languages, his eyes light up in admiration (I guess anything that requires thought is stimulating to the INTJ. Even though INFPs tend to express thought through creativity rather than logic) . Likewise, his ability to strategize and think things through is appealing and sexy to me.If there is not enough mental stimulation, it puts strain on the relationship. I've found it's important to find and develop creative new goals together. Accomplishing them brings a great sense of unity.Monotony and endless repetition frustrates both of us equally. Exploring new ideas, discovering new places and filling our lives with adventure is vital.What can be challenging for me is — at times— he seems to lack emotion or empathy. Out of my frustration, I will do things to provoke his emotions just to check and make sure he still has a pulse.

Overall, I think INFPs and INTJs have a decent understanding and appreciation for each other. There are more similarities than differences. The first year or so is probably the most difficult (just because thought processes involving emotion and logic are so different) But as the relationship grows and there is more understanding for each other, these personality types can form a very tight bond.

The key is to appreciate the differences. His ability to strategize and my ability to empathize / feel things deeply have contributed distinct but equally worthy things to our 7 year marriage.