INFP/INTJ experience part 3

I asked the following question in an INTJ and INFP Facebook group (with real relationships):"Why do you think INTJs and INFPs get along?"

These are the responses:

From an INTJ: "Because INFP can teach the INTJ to let go with their feelings, and INTJ can teach the INFP to be more cold-blooded and down to earth, among other things. And also because we understand each other from our different respective point of views."

Another INTJ: "I think each are talented at motivating each other's weak points. INFPs get are very easy for me to talk to, and they make me feel very comfortable. I also worked with one and he would always help me with whatever I needed and I really appreciated his generosity. The INFPs have been very good listeners, very emotionally smart, and very creative in the way they approach many aspects of life. I think INTJs can help INFPs set/reach goals, and be more objective/grounded. I used to have an INFP friend but it was kinda an unhealthy friendship that I don't think would apply to most INFP INTJs. In general though I think both are accepting of each other while pushing each other to grow and challenge themselves in a unique way."

INTJ: "Maybe both need to be mature.

I'm INTJ and always think INFP might hate us THE MOST because we can accidentally speak hurtful truth at any time when we try to solve any problem (we actually try to help and that's how we show love) or talk about any topic.

Matured INTJ needs to learn to shut up and listen more

Matured INFP needs to understand we're not bad guys :( "

From an INFP: "Both are very goal-oriented and growth-seeking. INTJs help INFPs with structure, advice, solutions, and genuine interest in their endeavors (this is a rare combo to find). INFPs are therefore super appreciative!

INFPs give INTJs a safe place to express and make sense of their feelings, and when we're not a depressed blob, we can be an interesting, bright-eyed flurry to keep track of. INFPs often come with unconventional dreams, above average talents, lots of mismanaged potential, we must look like a delicious project to some INTJs. INTJs and INFPs are also both giving and thoughtful, so things are nicely balanced. Since we're both goal-oriented, we strive to understand and work with each other rather than cause strife and drama. We also share a similar sense of absurd or dark humor and the communication is always interesting, useful, to the point, or entertaining."

Another INFP: "I'm an INFP and my husband is INTJ. He helps me view things from a totally opposite perspective. I'm also very flighty in my actions and he helps me think before I act. He can control his emotions 100% which is attractive to someone like myself."

A nice short answer from an INFP:

"Our complex, intuitive minds work in unison, able to easily grasp each others abstract concepts and theories...and INTJ strengths compliment INFP weaknesses - and vice versa (Te-Fi)"

Both need to be healthy and mature as well.