His Engagment

The days comes with new hope and new struggle of survival kumud thought now that she heard his sincere words she don't need to worry anymore.

But it was all silent before strom when after a week of their Omkar enter the dining hall with some letters in his hand.

Kumud and every other person present there was perplexed because he never bring his work in family time.

From last few days kumud observe he looks tense and working on some important task as he often went out of the palace.

Since last two night he didn't come to sleep she thought he was working on day before but when he didn't arrived last night she decided to talk.

Even if it's starting phase of their marraige and there are a lot of unresolved issues between them but still they are husband and wife at the end of the day.

Having her doubt in her mind seeing his genuine nature she took care of him, caring for him.

KUMUD'S POV

It was almost lunch time everyone arrived on the dining before maharaj come but seeing him with documents made us wonder what is he wanted to talk.

I was wearing light purple lehenga and i have put my hair open as he like to see me, i wanted to talk with him about the things that disturbing him lately.

Because whem i saw his face it felt like he has not slept for days, his face was stressed tormenting my heart.

I bow down to him when he walk towards his sit and stand beside me he stop me from bowing and held my hand his grip was tight not as much to hurt me but it felt like he wanted to grab me tightly and never let me go.

For the first time i saw vulnerability in his eyes the man who fears nothing, the man who can look into eyes of insane tiger, who kill enemy mercilessly on battkefield was avoiding meeting my eyes that make fear grip my heart.

I was just praying mahadev that give me patience and abundance to handle myself with upcoming revealation.

"What happened omkar why you got this documents here, you never did that before"Ranimaa ask him eyeing me and that felt suspicious.

I look around observing everyone's expression they look suprise except one Naina she was looking happy, she had that mysterious smirk on her face which was irritating me.

"Rajmata I have announcement to make" he spoke turning towards me he held me by shoulder gaining my all attention.

"But before i announced this news i want you kumud to trust me for once that i will never let you down"he said and now my heart was beating faster each moment waiting for the time to won me but today that was not going to happen.

"I the king of Mahisar Omkar has to decided to marry Naina to give her lost respect to her "he spoke broking my heart into pieces.

I feel my breadth hitched my chest felt heavy i felt as if thousands of snake were roaming on my chest.

Without my notice a lone tear escape my eyes i look up at him he was looking unbothered, his face avoid of any expression, he was that cold, heartless king now.

He didn't seem like omkar i know, the omkar who said sweet words to me, my husband who confessed he like me and only me.

The plate in my hand felt breaking my riviry it felt on my toe blood ozing through it but i felt numb for a second a look of worry flash on his face and he move to look at my face.

I show my palm stopping him and look straight into his eyes asking only one word

"Why?".

"Kumud please try to understand she is ill and people are badmouthing her outside". He spoke.

"I am not asking her reason i know that i want to know why you what is your benifit "i asked.

"What do you mean"he said his voice hoarse this time.

"You know what i mean, what benifit will you get by marrying her hmm what her father offer in contract his military or assistance ".

"What are you saying she is my friend why i would do that why ask anything in return i just want to help her"he said.

I smile sarcasticaly at their hypocracy
"Ohh i got it she is your friend childhood friend or i say childhood sweetheart why would you need in contract it was me whom you married for your benifit right asking my father's fortune"

"Kumud what are you saying you know that i.."he started to spoke but i stopped him.

"You what hmm.. you did contract with my father and marry me or else you woukd have married her lot before then you traded your queen position and now not even a week we get married you're going to marry again  what do you want me to think "i ask tears flowing my eyes but my gaze never left his.

"I know i am your sinner you can say whatever you want or punish me anyway you want but please take care of yourself and calm yourself "he said.

"Yeah calm myself and what do prayer for you both decorate this palace for my husband's second marraige put henna on my husband's bride when my bridal henna is still linger on "i ask.

"Stop being so senseless kumud she is daughter of a minister her insult will hurt her deeply, she is not a princess like you who can seduce any king"Ranimaa spoke breaking the pull of my patience but before i speak a voice roared in the hall.

"That's it i am not here to get your advice but let you people know i don't want this discussion again "he said.

Then walking towards Ranimaa he look into her eyes scaring her "Ranimaa watch your tongue while speaking i wont let you insult my wife my Queen like that this is last warning if anything like that happened there will be no excuse "he said i stand there lifeless my husband walking away from me while my enemies laughing on my expense.