Breaking Bonds

Aaradhya's POV

I was doubting the fact that how my life seems to be too happening, well, too much happiness is never came so good for me. My company had completed a record of one hundred projects in the last three years. We had come a long way from being a small group of ten people working in random cafes to having our own office with thousands of employees. Today, we had just secured the Rajvanshi's Project, making it our one hundredth deal.

The ping on my phone pulled me out of my thoughts. I picked it up from the table, and a sly smile appeared on my face.

Raunak: Good morning, beautiful.

Raunak, my fiancé, was the best thing that had happened to me this year. It had been three months since we got engaged. If somebody had asked me six months ago if I was ready for an arranged marriage, I would have simply said, "I would rather prefer to stay single for the rest of my life." But after meeting Raunak, I was willing to give it a try. He was caring, responsible, a good listener, and, above all, he accepted me for who I was.

I typed back,

Me: Good morning to my to-be hubby.

And the next moment, his name flashed on my phone. I excitedly picked up his call. "It sounds like you're in a good mood today. What's the deal?" he teased.

"It's about the deal. Yesterday, the Rajvanshi family signed the deal with us. And this Sunday, I am organizing a small party for my team. So, um, I wanted to ask you if you are free, maybe you could join me."

Oh God, why the hell did I stutter?

"Should I jump or scream? Aaradhya Shrivastava is asking me to be her date," Raunak joked, and I couldn't help but chuckle at his comment.

"Please, Raunak, we're practically half-married now, and you still act like you're pursuing me," I said.

"Aren't I?" I could imagine his cheesy smile on his handsome face as he said this.

"Stop, you silly man. Just tell me whether you're coming or not," I said and smiled.

"Well, I've always loved parties, and you're asking me for the first time, so how can I say no. I will surely come, and don't worry, I won't embarrass you in front of your colleagues."

"I know you won't, bye."

"Bye, Miss. Shrivastava."

I ended the call with a goofy smile.

"Someone's in a good mood," said a voice. I looked up to see my sister Anvi, standing at the door, her hands crossed over her chest and a smug smile on her face.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to hear that you're taking Mr. Charming to your office party. I hope he won't embarrass you in front of your boss, right?" She chuckled.

"Oh, shut up, Anvi. Raunak is a responsible guy. He won't do something stupid, okay?" I said.

Anvi laughed and moved to the kitchen.

The morning sun cast a warm, golden hue through the windows as I prepared for the day ahead. The workload had increased substantially, with invitations needing to be sent to some important clients and investors. However, there was one person on that list whom I had been dreading to invite. Despite my strong dislike for him, protocol dictated that I personally extend an invitation to this individual. He held a significant share in my company, just after me, and as much as I resented it, I had to maintain a professional courtesy.

After ensuring everything was in order, I locked the door behind me and began my descent downstairs, on the lookout for my family. My mother was already seated on the couch, sipping her morning tea and engrossed in some random reels on her phone.