Web of Emotions

Aaradhya's POV

Tears threatened to spill over as I clutched onto the jacket, a tangible reminder of the emotions swirling inside me.

Before I could conceal the jacket and wipe away the evidence of my tears, the door swung open, revealing Sharvansh standing before me, his presence commanding the room.

Caught off guard, I hastily attempted to compose myself, shoving the jacket into the closet and avoiding his penetrating gaze. But his inquiry cut through the tension, his tone a blend of curiosity and concern. 

"What are you hiding behind?" His voice held a mixture of curiosity and concern, piercing through my feeble attempt to hide my emotions.

"It's nothing," I deflected, my voice wavering slightly as I attempted to hide the truth.

Ignoring my feeble attempt at evasion, he closed the distance between us, his proximity sending a jolt through me as he pinned me against the closet.

"Do you truly desire a divorce?" His question hung in the air, laden with unspoken emotions and the weight of our shared history.

My heart ached at the gravity of his words, the truth echoing painfully in the silence that followed. "Yes," I admitted, the word heavy with sorrow and regret.

As he drew closer, the space between us dwindling, I felt my heart race in response to his proximity, uncertainty swirling within me as we stood on the precipice of a decision that would change everything.

"Prove it to me," he questioned, his eyes intense and angry, searching mine for answers.I gulped, feeling a mix of vulnerability and defiance. "Isn't it obvious? I don't love you—" I repeated, trying to maintain composure.

He leaned in closer, his face inches away from mine. "Liar," he whispered, the warmth of his breath sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm not," I insisted, my voice betraying the nervousness within. The tension in the air was palpable as he continued to scrutinize me.

The intensity of his gaze bore into me, as if challenging me to deny the unspoken connection that lingered between us. I felt a confusing mix of emotions, torn between the desire to resist and the magnetic pull that drew me closer to him.

His eyes searched mine for any sign of surrender, and for a moment, the world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of us entangled in a web of conflicting emotions and unspoken truths.

"Convince me," he demanded, his tone firm and unwavering. "The only person who can free you from me is Sharvansh Singh Rajvanshi. So try hard and convince me."

The weight of his words hung in the air, creating a tense atmosphere between us. I felt the pressure to articulate my reasons, to make him understand that our marriage was an arrangement bound by duty rather than love. Yet, as I looked into his piercing gaze, I couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling that he saw through my defenses.

Taking a deep breath, I began to speak, "What do you want? To wait until you get over me, witness you loving some other woman, and then be convinced to give me a divorce? To watch you walk away like I never existed?"

The weight of my words lingered in the room, and I could feel his intense scrutiny as he awaited a revelation that could potentially set me free. As the echoes of my words resonated, I grappled with the realization that convincing him wasn't solely about the articulation of my thoughts; it involved dismantling the walls I had meticulously erected around my heart. The question remained—was I truly prepared to let those walls crumble, exposing the raw emotions that lay hidden within?