Irrevocably intertwined

Sharvansh's POV

Mrs. Aaradhya Sharvansh Singh Rajvanshi my wife, my possession. Adorned in that red saree, exuding an inviting charm. The vermilion on her hairline and the mangalsutra around her neck gleamed against her brown skin bore my name. 

As I carried her into our room, she clung to the collar of my kurta, her presence casting an undeniable allure. There was something about this woman that I couldn't resist. She was just an ordinary-looking woman with an extraordinary attitude that I both loathed and admired.

"Aapko yeh sab karne ki zaroorat nhi thi, mai khud aajati," she quipped as I placed her gently on the bed. I chose to ignore her banter and continued with what needed to be done.

(You didn't needed to do all these, I would have come by myself,)

As I arranged her on the bed, she immediately scooted away from me as though I were some kind of monster about to consume her. I watched her attempt to leave the bed, unable to conceal my curiosity, and I inquired, "Where are you going?" 

Her eyes narrowed, containing her anger, and she replied, "I want to get rid of all of these."

 I simply nodded.

"Your clothes have been arranged in the closet," I informed her. I then retreated to the bathroom to change into a more comfortable kurta and  pants. I typically slept shirtless, but the small presence outside of the bathroom door would undoubtedly have my head if I dared to do so now.

Upon returning to the room, I discovered her sitting in front of the mirror, fiddling with the pins in her hair. I hadn't realized I had stood behind her, my focus locked on her face, which wore an irritated expression. She was squinting at her reflection, her lips forming a pout.

She had a fucking tattoo on her mid back. It was a small lioness, with eyes similar to hers, with something writen straight down on her spine. As I stepped closer, I saw another behind her ears, the curiosity to explore the other tattoos on her body was caging me.

I reached out to stop her hands, fearful that she might inadvertently harm herself. "You don't need to do that," I heard her murmured, and without giving much thought, I carefully removed the pins. With the final pin removed, her hair cascaded down, reaching all the way to her waist. I couldn't resist running my fingers through her soft locks. Our eyes locked in the mirror, and then I simply left the room.

I was in my study room, seated at my desk with Dev and Reyansh flanking me. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on my mind. Reyansh's voice broke the silence. "The people are creating havoc since the announcement of your crowning. It's only a matter of time; otherwise, Dada Sa would have had to choose Randheer as the next king."

My gaze remained fixed on a distant point as I contemplated the predicament we found ourselves in. Ever since I decided to reclaim the throne, Dada Sa had kept a watchful eye on my training and progress as the next king. But that lunatic bastard, Randheer Singh, had played his game cunningly, consolidating his power over two decades. He had formed his own army within the small villages, exploiting the innocence and ignorance of the people who lived there. They were oblivious to their rights, and Randheer Singh had successfully manipulated them to oppose the idea of anyone else becoming their king.

"We have a list of the people who work under him, but they seem to be of little use to us," Dev explained. "If we take them down, the public's outrage will be uncontrollable."

I leaned back in my chair, pondering the situation. "Keep a watchful eye on those individuals. Slowly replace them with trusted government authorities. As they begin to recognize the differences between what they were getting under Randheer and what they could have with us, they will come around."