Confession

Aaradhya's POV

The evening unfolded into a small gathering to celebrate the crowning of our new king. Amidst the glitz and glamour of the event, I found myself adorned in a navy saree, yet unable to shake off the cloud of uncertainty that loomed over me.

Questions swirled in my mind, each one vying for attention amidst the festivities. Did I truly desire a divorce from Sharvansh, or was there a part of me yearning to salvage our relationship? The weight of indecision pressed upon me, casting a shadow over the festivities.

In the midst of the joyous celebration, my phone buzzed with an ominous message, its words cutting through the festive atmosphere like a sharp blade. The message sent a shiver down my spine, filling me with a sense of dread and disbelief.

"Your Husband might have become a king, but he ain't any good for it. A molester cannot be a king." 

Despite the festivities around me, I couldn't shake off the unsettling feeling that gripped my heart. With trembling hands, I excused myself from the crowd, my mind consumed with a desperate need to uncover the truth.

As I navigated the dimly lit corridors of the palace, my senses heightened, every shadow seeming to conceal unseen threats. With each step, I clutched my phone tightly, the voice recording app activated, ready to capture any incriminating evidence.

Arriving at the designated meeting spot, a wave of apprehension washed over me, the silence of the deserted corridor amplifying my anxiety. Suddenly, the flickering lights dimmed, casting eerie shadows that danced along the walls.

"Is it triggering you?" the voice taunted, sending a shiver down my spine.

A chill ran down my spine as a voice emerged from the darkness, its sinister tone sending a shiver down my spine. The words hung heavy in the air, revealing a shocking truth that shattered my world.

"Do you want to know who was the person that tried to molest you in the farewell party? It was none other than your husband."

The revelation hit me like a tidal wave, leaving me stunned and disoriented. The realization that my own husband.

My breath caught in my throat as the weight of the accusation settled upon me. Turning to confront the mysterious voice, I found myself alone in the dimly lit corridor, the echo of their words lingering in the air.

Returning to the party, my mood had soured, the revelation casting a pall over the festivities as I grappled with the unsettling truth that had been unveiled. The vibrant colors and cheerful music seemed to mock my inner turmoil, reminding me of the facade that surrounded me.

Throughout the event, I felt like a stranger in my own skin, the weight of uncertainty bearing down on me like a heavy burden. Memories of the events leading up to my marriage with Sharvansh flooded my mind, each one now tainted with doubt and suspicion.

Had I been deceived by the man I had come to trust? Was the Sharvansh I thought I knew nothing more than a carefully crafted facade, concealing a darker truth beneath the surface? Or was the mysterious stranger's accusation nothing more than a malicious attempt to sabotage our relationship?

As I mingled with the guests, forcing a smile and exchanging pleasantries, my mind churned with unanswered questions. The dichotomy between the man I had grown to care for and the allegations against him left me feeling torn and confused.

As I sat on the edge of the bed, I retrieved the divorce papers from my bag. They had been tucked away, hidden from sight for the past three days. It was Dev who had facilitated their acquisition; without his assistance, obtaining them might have been impossible. Yet, even with the papers in my possession, I couldn't shake the gnawing doubt that Sharvansh would never agree to sign them.