Burdened Emotions

Aaradhya's POV

As Sharvansh left the room, a whirlwind of emotions swirled within me. My heart was still racing, and the encounter had stirred something I couldn't easily dismiss. If I said it didn't hurt, I'd be lying to myself. But what hurt the most was the contradiction in his actions—the way he displayed coldness, yet his eyes held an emotion I couldn't quite comprehend.

My resolve to keep my distance and the emotional walls I had built were being tested. Despite my anger and determination, Sharvansh had a way of getting under my skin. The room, once charged with tension, now felt strangely empty.

But I took a deep breath, determined to regain my composure. This was the battle I had chosen to fight from the moment we were married, and I couldn't afford to let my emotions get the best of me. Sharvansh was a complex man, and I had to stay vigilant and strong.

I decided to shift my focus to the upcoming lunch, a chance to engage in conversations with the other family members and steer clear of any further confrontation with my maddeningly attractive husband. It was evident that the haveli held significant memories for him, and it made me curious about his past.

My emotions may be in turmoil, but I was resolute in maintaining the façade of strength and independence I had carefully constructed over the years. Sharvansh might remain a puzzle for now, but I wouldn't let him see the impact he had on me.

Exiting the room, I encountered Ruhani Masi. I greeted her with a smile and asked, "Masi, where are you headed?"

"I was going to check if lunch is ready," she replied.

"Let's go together, Masi."

"Aaru, do you know this haveli belonged to Sharva's mother, my sister. It holds many memories for us. I still remember when Sharva and Dev were young, they used to play here a lot. But now, there are only servants who take care of the haveli. Whenever I see you and Anvi, it reminds me of all the moments I shared with Nandni."

I listened to her words, understanding the depth of the emotions tied to this place. It was a reminder that Sharvansh's world held complexities I was only beginning to uncover.

After entering the kitchen, I offered to help the maids get the table ready. Once everyone was seated, Dadi Sa brought up the topic of our honeymoon, which took me by surprise. I had to suppress the reflex to cough in my surprise.

"Rana Sa, aaplog honeymoon ke liye kaha jaa rahe hai?" she inquired.

(Rana Sa, where are you planning to go for your honeymoon?)

I nervously swallowed, and Sharvansh replied, "Dadi Sa, abhi humare pas samay nhi hai. Shaadi ke vajah se pehle hi bahut saara kaam padha hai, vaise bhi cheh mahine me humari rajposhi hai. Toh behtar hoga hum yahi rahe."

(Dadi Sa, we have a lot of work to do before the coronation in six months. Besides, I'll have to start handling the office work from tomorrow. We don't have the luxury of a honeymoon right now.)

I chimed in, "Ha Dadi Sa, mujhe bhi kl se office ka kaam dekhna, aur yaha jo branch khulne vaali hai us par bhi kaam shuru karna hai."

(That's right, Dadi Sa. I need to take care of the office work, and the new branch that's opening soon.)

The idea of a honeymoon seemed like a distant dream at the moment, especially since I was already living under the same roof with Sharvansh, which was a challenge in itself.

Savita Aunty commented, "Agar tum office ka kaam karogi toh ghar kon sambhalega?"

(If you're going to be busy with office work, who will manage the house?)