Enigma

Sharvansh's POV

'knock'

'knock'.

Her eyes held a vulnerability that tugged at something inside me. The way she looked at me, with those doe eyes, almost made me want to give in to the magnetic pull between us. Her lips, so tempting, were inviting me to bridge the gap that separated us. I could feel the intensity in the air, the unspoken desire hanging between us.

The urge to lean in, to close the distance, was overpowering. But just as I was on the verge of surrendering to the moment, everything became a blur, disrupted by the unwelcome sound of the knock.

And Aaradhya pulled away, escaping at the first chance she got, her eyes avoiding mine. The intrusion had disrupted the fragile connection that had been building between us. As much as I tried to hide it, a twinge of disappointment lingered within me.

Aaradhya had just placed the tray on the table when I emerged from the closet. "You don't need to worry; Dev will be here with a doctor in a few minutes," I reassured her, trying to ease the tension in the room.

"Do whatever you want. I don't care," she responded abruptly before retreating into the closet.

Her sudden change in demeanor left me puzzled. Moments ago, she was visibly moved, shedding tears at the sight of the wound. Now, she claimed not to care. It was as if a switch had flipped within her, and I couldn't fathom the reasons behind her conflicting reactions.

Dev arrived with the doctor, who promptly attended to my wounds. As the doctor worked on treating the injuries, Dev inquired, "Did you get them?"

"Yeah, they played pretty hard to hide," I responded.

"Those monstrous creatures were abducting children for their buisness. Bastards, I really wish to burn them alive now," Dev expressed with a hint of anger and frustration in his voice.

"We will, but there is still time for it," I reassured Dev. The menace posed by my uncle and cousin was reaching alarming levels, with their involvement in child abduction, trafficking, and drug dealing. As the coronation day approached, their actions threatened to cast a shadow over the entire state. But my primary concern, however, was Aaradhya's safety. Despite her strength, I couldn't bear the thought of any harm coming her way. She needed to be close to me, protected.

Aaradhya emerged from the closet, dressed in a pink night suit. Her shirt was a bit short, revealing a hint of her waist. Upon spotting the doctor, she immediately inquired, "Doctor, is he fine?"

"Ji Rani Sa, I have given him an antibacterial injection and some painkillers. Just make sure the wound doesn't come in contact with water. He will be fully recovered in a week or so," the doctor explained.

Aaradhya moved around the kitchen with purpose, her movements measured and focused. I stood at the doorway, silently observing her every move. The soft glow from the kitchen lights illuminated her features, creating a serene aura around her. There was something captivating about the way she carried herself, a mixture of strength and vulnerability that intrigued me.

As she poured the milk into a saucepan, her thoughts seemed distant, perhaps lost in the events that had unfolded earlier. I couldn't help but feel a surge of conflicting emotions. 

Her hair was gathered in a casually tied bun, with loose strands framing her face. Though her eyes were fixed on the pan, there was a certain distance in her gaze, as if her thoughts were wandering elsewhere. Once the milk was heated, she poured it into two glasses, added a dash of turmeric, and approached me with purpose.

"Drink it," she commanded, her tone leaving little room for argument. 

"I don't need-" I started to protest, but a stern glare from her silenced me. It was a bold move on her part, daring to shoot me a glare. In usual circumstances, I wouldn't tolerate such insolence, but today was different. I reluctantly took the glass from her hand. As I sipped the concoction, she visibly relaxed and retreated to sit on the jharoka, leaving me with my thoughts.