Harrowing Incident

Sharvansh's POV

"Ansh, aap yaha baithiye, hum abhi aate hai," a gentle voice urged, though it seemed distant, overshadowed by the cacophony of anguished screams that echoed through the room.

(Ansh, you stay here, we'll be right back,)

As I peered out from behind the counter, a scene unfolded before me that struck terror into my heart. A child, barely visible amidst the billowing smoke and flickering flames, cried out in desperation.

Maa, Baba mujhe chod ke mat jaayiye.

(Mom, Dad, don't leave me!)

Meri Maa ko bachao!

(Save my mom!)

Mere baba ko bachao!

(Save my dad!)

His tiny voice reverberated through the chaos, pleading for help that seemed agonizingly out of reach.

My breath caught in my throat as I watched the scene unfold before me, the child's cries stirring memories of my own past. The flames danced menacingly around him, casting eerie shadows upon the walls, and I couldn't shake the feeling of dread that gripped me.

In that moment, the child's desperate pleas mirrored my own inner turmoil, echoing the silent cries of a heart torn between fear and helplessness. And amidst the chaos, I couldn't shake the haunting resemblance between the child and Aaradhya, my beloved, who stood in the same perilous position as the child's parents.

Seated upon the regal throne in the grandeur of the royal court, I found myself immersed in a tempest of emotions. My eyes, closed in a futile attempt to escape the turmoil within, felt the weight of recent events bearing down upon me. The nightmare that haunted my slumber, coupled with the harrowing incident of the day, left me struggling to draw breath. The mere thought of losing Aaradhya was enough to send a shiver down my spine; I couldn't fathom a life without her.

"Everything alright, brother?" Dev's voice pierced through the haze of my thoughts, prompting me to open my eyes and face him head-on. Before I could even react, his fist connected with my jaw, sending a surge of anger coursing through my veins. Yet, as his words reached my ears, a different emotion began to surface.

"Enough with this facade," he admonished, his voice laced with stern determination. "Go and talk to Aaradhya. You're no longer living in the shadows, and she's your wife now. She fucking loves you, damn it. And I won't stand by and watch you hurt her with your foolish behavior."

Despite the gravity of his words, a hint of amusement danced in my eyes as I regarded my brother. "Sister," I echoed, acknowledging the depth of his affection and the unwavering support he offered, to my wife.

"Sharva, you're my brother, and I care about you deeply. But that doesn't diminish Aaru's importance to us. I understand what's troubling you, but I swear on our bond as brothers that I won't let anything harm Aaradhya or any of us. Please, just go for now," Dev pleaded, his voice laced with concern and determination.

Taking a deep breath, I began to stride past Dev, but he caught my arm firmly, his expression grave. "Sun, zara dhyan se. Tujhe shayad do teen thappad bhi khane, bahut gusse mein hai vo." he warned.

(Listen carefully. She might even slap you a couple of times, she's very angry right now,)

I couldn't suppress a smirk at his words, knowing how Aaradhya's nature.

As I stepped into the room, the atmosphere felt heavy with tension. Aaradhya stood near the railing, her back to me, her silhouette outlined against the dim light filtering through the window.