Forever His

Aaradhya's POV

We finally reached inside the temple, and I was internally cursing his whole family for making me wear this heavy anarkali suit. That's why I always liked kurtis; they were so much more comfortable than these heavy suits with dupattas. We took our seats beside the hawan kund, and the priest began chanting the mantras.

"Beti, apna mangalsutra, sagai ki anghuti aur kapde Maatarani ko chada dijiye," the priest requested. I reluctantly passed all the items to him, feeling a mix of frustration and resignation.

(Dear, offer your mangalsutra, engagement ring and dresses to Matarani.)

"Ab aap dono iss mandir ke saath phere lijiye, apne jivan ki sukh, shanti aur samriddhi ke liye aur ek khushal grihasti ke liye," the priest continued. He tied the end of my dupatta with his shawl, symbolizing the beginning of our rounds around the idols.

(Take seven rounds of the temple for a happy, phosporus and peaceful and a happy married life,)

I was angry at my idol, from the time I knew the meaning of fasting and praying, I did it all for my future husband who would love me, take care of me, support me, or at least respect me. But I felt like my prayers were left unheard. When I didn't want to marry anyone, my parents kept bugging me to get married. And when I finally decided to get married, this guy who had vanished for four years came out of nowhere asking to marry me forcefully at gunpoint. I had lost hope of ever finding love from him. All I wished for now was to go far away from his life.

I didn't even realize when the parikrama was completed. The priest asked us, "Beti yeh ghant kabhi nahi khulni chahiye, aur yeh rahi aapki shaadi ki samagri, isme Maatarani ka ashirwad hai. Shiv ji ki kripa hai aap par, aapka pati unhi ki tarah aap pe apne pran nyochavar karega." I internally scoffed at his comment, doubting if this man was even capable of such devotion and respect.

(Don't let this knot open, and here is your wedding items. I t has the blessing of our idols. You have blessings of Shiv jis, your husband will adore you will all his life like him.)

.

.

.

After freshening up, when I got out of the washroom, I saw Dhriti and all my cousins in my room. Well, not all.

"Aur Rani Sahiba, aapke toh bahgya khul gaye," I heard my brother, Satya.

(Your Higness, you are really fortunate,)

"Yeh toh pehle se hi Raniyo ki tarah rehti thi, ab toh tag bhi lag jaayega," commented Aadarsh. Agh, I wanted to strangle them right now.

(She was already lived like a queen, it's just got a tag now,)

"Yaar, please, mera dimaag already bahut kharab hai. Aur mujhe koi Rani Vani banne ka shauk nahi hai," I replied as I flopped on the bed.

(Man please, my head is already paining. And I don't have any interest to become some queen veen,)

"Are problem kya hai, itna handsome aur ameer aadmi se shaadi ho rahi hai. Aur kya chahiye?" chimed in Summi di.

(Whta's the problem? He is so handsome and rich, what else do you want?)

I internally rolled my eyes at them. For God's sake, I am a millionaire and the owner of an architecture firm.

Ignoring these comments, I had a fun time with my cousins. Last time they visited, we didn't get the chance to spend time with each other, so this was a welcome change.

.

.

.

Today was my engagement with Sharvansh. I was dressed in a pink lehenga, ready to step into a new chapter of my life. Anu and my friend Dhriti, walked beside me as we made our way to the garden for the engagement ceremony. The hall was behind us, and as we stepped out, the garden was shrouded in darkness.