Burning Sensation

Aaradhya's POV

'Ring'

'Ring'

'Ring'

The sound of my alarm filled the room, and I groggily reached for my phone to silence it. After a few minutes, I finally mustered the energy to sit up in bed, still trying to shake off the remnants of sleep. I rubbed my eyes and opened them to an unusual sight: the devil himself, sleeping on his stomach.

I was struck by the unexpected cuteness of the scene.

"No, Aaru, the devil can't look cute."

But he did.

The temptation to reach out and touch his hair was almost irresistible, but I restrained myself. I climbed out of bed and began my morning routine. I had initially wanted to go to the gym, but my sense of direction was less than stellar, and the palace was a labyrinth. After I had a satisfying workout, I prepared a healthy shake for myself.

The one redeeming feature of this room was its open-air kitchen, complete with a small fridge stocked with necessities.

I dressed in a red saree with golden embroidery. Sarees weren't really my preferred attire, but my mother had insisted that I wear them for at least a month or two after the wedding. Once I was sure the saree was securely pinned, I left the closet and nearly collided with a human wall, stumbling back a couple of steps.

"Hey, Matarani. You hurt my head," I grumbled, rubbing my temple.

I opened my eyes to see him still half-asleep, standing there like a statue.

"Move, I need to get ready," I said, trying to push past him.

He finally stirred, his eyes fluttering open, and he silently moved aside. I made my way to the dressing table and began the process of getting ready. My eyes landed on the mangalsutra around my neck, and my fingers brushed over it. Regardless of the circumstances of our marriage, these little things made me feel connected to him. The mangalsutra, the sindoor, chuda and the engagement ring were constant reminders of him.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I didn't want to go crazy over him. After I finished getting ready, I left the room.

I had finally located the kitchen, and it was yet another open-air kitchen, outfitted with modern designs and appliances. Several maids were busy working there. Dadi Sa had requested me to prepare a sweet dish for the paheli rasoi, and I had decided on making moong dal ka halwa. I instructed the maids to fetch the necessary ingredients, and I got to work. After thirty minutes of effort, I finished with a final garnish of dry fruits on top of the dish.

I asked the maids to arrange the breakfast on the dining table where everyone was already seated, except for my husband. An internal eye roll was my immediate reaction when I felt Ravi's gaze on me. The mere sight of him was enough to make me want to vomit.

As I served the halwa into bowls, Dadi Sa inquired, "Aaru, Rana Sa kaha hai?"

(Aaru, Where is Rana Sa?)

"Ji shayad room me," I replied.

(Maybe in his room,)

"Kya baat hai, patni ko pata hi nhi ki uska pati kaha hai," Anita aunty chimed in, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

(Wow, the wife doesn't even know where is her husband,)

This woman always reminded me of my chachi, and neither of them left a favorable impression.

"Piya, jaao Rana Sa ko bula kar lao," Dadi Sa instructed one of the maids.

(Piya, go and call Rana Sa,)