Undeniable Connection

Sharvansh's POV

As I brought Aaradhya into the room, she kept playing with the button of my kurta, her light touch on my chest teasing my senses. I tried to suppress the rising desires within me, but her presence in my arms was making it increasingly difficult.

I gently guided her into the closet, urging her to change her clothes to avoid catching a cold. Her unsteady steps worried me.

"Aaradhya, apne kapde badal lijiy varna thand lag jayegi," I advised.

(Aaradhya, change your clothes, otherwise you'll catch a cold.)

She responded with a soft hum and I set her down on her feet. However, she hissed in pain, and I immediately inquired about it.

"What happened?" I asked, concern lacing my voice.

"Pata nahi, par bahut zor se dard ho raha hai," she replied, her pout evident.

(I don't know, but it's hurting a lot.)

I couldn't help but notice how her lips formed that pout, which was making it increasingly hard to control my desires. But I had to focus on taking care of her.

"Shayad moch aayi hai. Aap pehle fresh ho jaiye, phir aapki chot ka ilaj karenge," I suggested.

Aaradhya was still winching in pain as she followed my advice. My mind struggled with the conflicting emotions, the desire for her and the need to protect her.

I retrieved a fresh pair of clothes, leaving her with a sweatshirt and a pair of shorts. I doubted if she would be able to change her clothes or not, so I stood there facing my back to her. I could hear the rustling sound of the clothes.

"Hogaya," I heard her.

The sight of her in my sweatshirt was almost too tempting.

With her standing at the door, she seemed hesitant to ask something. When she finally spoke, her request took me by surprise.

"Umm, can... Can you lift me again?"

I was taken aback by her request. The stubborn Aaradhya would have never made such a request, let alone with that level of vulnerability. But without uttering a word, I walked up to her and lifted her into my arms. Her giggles echoed in the room.

I placed her on the kitchen platform and prepared a cup of lemon tea for her. "Aapko khana banana aata hai?" she asked playfully.

(Do you know how to cook?)

"Nahi, sirf green tea banani aati hai," I replied. Cooking was never my forte, but it seemed that this version of Aaradhya could bring out my playful side.

(No, I only know how to make green tea.)

She hummed some songs in a childish voice as I worked in the kitchen. It felt like I was babysitting a five-year-old, rather than attending to my wife. I handed her the tea, and she made a distasteful face after the first sip, saying, "Yeh toh kadva hai aapki tarah, thodi toh shakkar daal dete."

(This is bitter like you, at least put some sugar in it.)

I sighed and added a spoonful of sugar to her cup, which seemed to satisfy her.

After placing her on the bed, I took out a pain relief ointment and sat at the end of the bed. Placing her feet on my thighs, I observed the swelling in her ankle as I applied the ointment. I could feel her gaze on me, and her words took me by surprise.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked her.

"Why are you so handsome?" she replied, making me flustered for the second time that day.