Holi Part-II

Sharvansh's POV

Last night didn't go well, not after my conversation with Aaradhya. There was turmoil within me, a mixture of emotions because of that one moment when the bonfire almost fell on her. I felt like my soul was being ripped apart, although Reyansh was there to save her, I didn't like it when he touched her.

Standing beside Dadi Sa in the temple, I couldn't shake off the unease that lingered within me. Aaradhya's distant demeanor weighed heavily on my mind, and I found myself grappling with the uncertainty of what was troubling her. She refused to meet my gaze, speak to me, or even acknowledge my presence, and it left me feeling frustrated and helpless.

"What's wrong, Rana Sa?" Dadi Sa's gentle voice interrupted my thoughts, pulling me back to the present.

Dadi Sa's gentle inquiry broke through my thoughts, and I hesitated before responding. "It's nothing, Dadi Sa. Just some minor disagreements between husband and wife," I replied, hoping to downplay the situation.

Dadi Sa's wise eyes bore into mine, and I could sense her understanding gaze. "Just like your father and grandfather, hmm?" she remarked softly. "You know, Sharva, when I look at you, I don't feel the absence of Rudra as much. You're just a bit more stubborn. Give it some time, everything will gradually fall into place."

Her words struck a chord within me, a reminder of the familial bonds that transcended generations. I knew Dadi Sa cared deeply for Aaradhya, just as she did for me. With a gentle pat on my cheek, she asked for Aaradhya to the temple, where she decided it was time for Aaradhya and me to apply color to each other as part of the family tradition. Aaradhya reluctantly extended her hand for the colored powder. However, Dadi Sa intervened and insisted that Aaradhya couldn't use her hands for this.

Aaradhya's frown deepened, and her eyes darted toward me, as if questioning what to do. I stood still, making no move. Reyansh playfully teased her about how to apply color without using her hands.

Aaradhya gestured for me to come closer. I complied, watching her carefully. She reached out and pulled my collar, leaving me momentarily surprised. Her cheeks brushed the color against my cheek before she stepped back. Her action was swift, but it left an indelible impression on me. Her eyes met mine for a brief moment, and there was something in that gaze that I couldn't quite define.

I cleared my throat, a bit flustered, and said, "Chaliye, sab intezar kar rahe hain humara."

(Let's leave, everyone ight be waiting for us.)

As we met some people, the urge to punch anyone who looked at Aaradhya was making it hard for me to maintain polite conversation. While Aaradhya maintained her smile and business ethics, I knew her mind wanted to escape from this situation or probably snap at them.

One of her cousins approached us, and Aaradhya's response was curt and to the point, while I just nodded at her. However, as she moved closer to me to apply the color, I simply refused, stating that I didn't like anyone else touching me other than my wife, and that was the truth. The act Aaradhya pulled a moment ago was too brave for her, and if anyone else had been in her place, they would be six feet under the earth.

I continued with my official duties, but her presence lingered in my mind. I knew we were practically strangers occupying the same space, each pursuing our separate lives. My mind couldn't help but drift to the moments we had shared, the arguments, and the occasional understanding that had developed.

I scanned the crowd, searching for her, but she seemed to have vanished into thin air. A sense of foreboding settled over me. Eventually, I spotted her surrounded by Dev and Dhriti. Her face clearly displayed the traces of pain, yet her stubborn demeanor resisted any plea for assistance. After Dev and Dhriti departed, I took a seat beside her.