Escape

Aaradhya's POV

I clearly told my parents that I didn't wanted to marry him, and had asked them to reject their proposal. I couldn't fathom what Sharvansh Singh Rajvanshi was thinking when he ordered me around as if I were his servant. I decided to ignore the incident and focus on my work.

The other day, I was sitting in my cabin, reviewing some designs, Dhriti burst in almost yelling, "Aaru, do you even know what's happening around you?"

"What's going on now?" I replied.

"Look at this," she said, thrusting her phone in my face.

I watched as a news reporter discussed the royal families, and my eyes widened as they flashed pictures of him.

"Sharvansh Singh Rajvanshi, the crowned prince of Jaipur, reappears after 20 years."

"It's rumored that he had been secretly ruling the business world under the name of Arthur."

"And now he's announced his engagement to Aaradhya Shrivastava, the renowned owner of the ASD firm."

My heart sank as the words sank in. Sharvansh Singh Rajvanshi, the prince of Jaipur who had disappeared for two decades, was now publicly engaged to me. Shock and disbelief washed over me, and I tried to process this sudden turn of events.

I couldn't believe he had been right there beside me all along, hidden behind the mask and those whiskey-colored lenses. I had no idea how I was going to deal with this mess.

He was right here

He was right here

He was right here, around me for all these fucking years.

As if on cue, my mother's call came in. I ignored her calls and held my head, trying to make sense of it all. Everything was spinning in my mind, and I felt overwhelmed. I didn't know what to do or how to get out of this situation.

"What are you thinking, Aaru?" Dhriti asked.

"I don't know, Dhru. Everything is a mess. I never thought he would do something like this," I replied, on the verge of tears.

"Aaru, just be careful. They're royals, they could hurt you or your and even destroy our company. Besides, he's a major shareholder in our company," Dhriti said, her voice filled with concern.

"So, what do you suggest, Dhriti? Should I just marry him?"

"Aaru, please try to understand. He is Arthur. He has the means to find you anywhere in the world, and I don't want you to get hurt."

I could sense Dhriti's worry, but I couldn't bring myself to marry him.

"I have to put a stop to this shit," I said, and left my cabin, determined to find a way out of this situation.

I got into my car and drove straight to his company, my anger fueling each step I took. I didn't bother with niceties as I stormed into the building and confronted the receptionist, demanding to know his whereabouts.

"Mam, he is in a meeting right now. If you could wa-"

Without waiting for her to finish, I marched to his cabin. I didn't bother to knock or announce my presence as I barged into the room. He was standing beside his desk with three men seated in front of him.

"I want to talk to you right now," I demanded.

"Um, sorry, gentlemen, it appears my fiancée has something urgent to discuss with me," he said, playing the role of a loving fiancé.

I waited impatiently for the men to leave us alone.

"So, desperate to see your future husband?" he taunted.