Temple visit

Sharvansh's POV

Aaradhya Shrivastava. The woman I despised the most. Her way too sparkling chocolate eyes, almost make me blind, her button nose carrying that way too annoying attitude of hers, her lips always had a subtle smile on her face like a sweet woman that she wasn't. She was way far from sweet, her quiet demeanor, strong posture, savage answers always annoyed me.

There was something about her that made me want to lock her up with me. From the time I first saw her to this moment to this time when I am marrying her, there is an urge inside to break down the wall she kept hiding behind.

I knew she would never agree to marry me, neither had I ever thought that I would send her family the marriage proposal. I never thought about having a woman in my life, but when I heard about her getting married to that stupid man, something burned inside me. I almost wanted to kill him when he was dancing with her, touching her as he pleased, when she has never allowed me to get near her within a foot.

I had always noticed her maintaining a safe distance from the male species, avoiding being touched by any other person who was not close to her. This guy was holding her waist, kissing her forehead; it took a lot from me to maintain my composure, to not snap his neck or empty all six bullets into his head.

And as I thought, she refused the proposal, and I published the news when Dada Sa decided to reveal my identity as the crown prince. Though Dada Sa didn't know about the other news and they were kind of upset with me.

But my little wife had some sort of problem with me, enough that she decided to fly away to another country when I asked her to get ready to leave for Udaipur. Thankfully, the airport staff informed me, and I brought her back here.

Her denying the fact that she was getting married to me infuriated me more, though she maintained her facade with those sly smiles and small replies to Dadi Sa, I could clearly read her mind that she wanted to run away from here, from me.

As I approached her with the dress chosen by Dadi Sa for her temple visit tomorrow, it was evident that something weighed heavily on her mind. While her outward demeanor appeared stressed over her work, her troubled expression hinted at a deeper turmoil brewing within.

Despite the urge to offer comfort and support, I found myself restrained, hesitant to intrude on her private struggles. The last thing I wanted was to witness her tears, yet a nagging curiosity gnawed at me, compelling me to understand the source of her distress.

Because you fear, you might break her even worse.

.

.

.

The following morning, I dressed in a beige kurta paired with white dhoti and a white shawl with a maroon border. I waited beside my car for Aarya. My brothers, Reyansh and Dev, approached me.

"Are you sure about this?" Dev questioned.

Dev was the oldest among the three of us. He had been just three years old when his father was murdered, and my masi sa had decided to keep him and masi stayed with us for their safety. Only a year ago, he had taken up the legacy of his father and started ruling Udaipur. Dev might appear calm on the surface, but he could be calm before a storm.

"I've made up my mind. There's no turning back. I want her by my side, no matter what," I replied.

"Whatever you do, Sharvansh, don't let your foolish obsession blind you. Try to understand your feelings before it's too late," Reyansh advised.

Reyansh was my Bua Sa's son. He was a ray of sunshine among us, known for his kindness, calm demeanor, and warm-hearted nature. Yet, his skills in combat were formidable.