Marshmallow

Travelling to Bangkok once in two months has now been a regular thing for Zee's family. It now sort of a thing for them. His parents would meet whoever Arthit and Pornthip would like them to meet and the kids would all go to the playroom. Zee is already familiar with the other 3 kids too. Sometimes Nat, the son of Pornthip's driver would join them too. It has now become a habit to them that he now brings his own books so he could read while he was there. Him and Max would be in a corner reading while they also watch the younger kids play. Zee is still shy and silent but he has already formed a quiet bond with the other kids.

At the corner of his eye, he saw nunew fall down and bumped his knee. And since he is the one closest to him, Zee stood up and looked at Nunew.

"Does it hurt?" He asked in a soft voice as he sees tears forming in Nunew's eyes. The little one nodded and opened his arms wanting to be hugged and carried. He lift up Nunew and sat on the sofa. Max went to them and inspected the knee which is starting to bruise already. Zee sat Nunew down but he doesnt want to let go of Zee.

"Nu, let me go for a bit. I will be back but you can hold on to max. Look he's here" Zee said to Nunew as he pointed to Max. He surprised himself though. He don't normally give nicknames. But calling the youngest one Nu seemed so easy for him.

Zee went to the kitchen, hoping to get some ice packs. But he stopped at the door as he hears two people talking. It was Arthit and Pornthip. He didn't want to eavesdrop but he heard his father's name being mentioned so he listened in.

"Teerak, if you really want to help Somchai, then why don't you just offer for us to invest on them? It would be easier for them you know. And we have all the funds to do it too." Arthit said to his wife.

"I know honey. But I don't want it to look like they are owing it to us. They built their business from the ground up without any help. Just like my grandparents did. If we help them this way, they would be able to meet more trustworthy people who would take interest in their jewelry and buy it from them. Then they would have enough capital to open a store. And from that, who knows how big they could get. They would cherish their business even more as it is their own sweat and hardwork. We are just providing them the doors that they would open. They would be so.proud of what they would become." Pornthip told him.

"This is why I love you so much teerak. You are so smart and caring. Nobody would do things like you do." Arthit said as he kiss his wife's temple.

"You are just sweet talking me. Now go out and take these." Pornthip handed him a tray of scones.

Zee couldn't believe how these two people are. He already respected them but hearing those words made him respect them even more. He vowed to be like them when he grows up. Zee then knocked at the door before going in.

"Aw Zee, why are you here? Are you hungry?" Pornthip asked.

"No Khun, Im looking for an ice pack. Nunew fell and bumped his knee. It is starting to bruise so i went to get something for it. He is alright, dont worry. Just a bruised knee." He told them

"Nunew is very clumsy nowadays. He fell from the bed the other day. Here is the ice pack. Do you need anything else? Is his knee bleeding?" Arthit asked him

"No Khun, it is just a bruise. Max is consoling him now too so don't worry much. And sorry for the inconvenience." Zee told the two.

"Oh it is not any inconvenience at all. We are grateful to you for looking after them. Here take these chocolates, Nunew would light up if he sees them. Just dont let him eat too much okay?" Pornthip gave him a small bowl of sweets

"Okay,.thank you. Im going now."
Zee then went back to the playroom. Nunew is still clinging on to Max but us no longer crying. James and Nat are sat on the floor flipping through channels to see what nunew wants to watch.

"Nu, i will put a cold ice pack in your knee okay? It will be a bit uncomfortable but here, your mom allowed you to have a few chocolates for being brave" Zee gave him a chocolate while he puts the ice pack on his knee. Nunew light up like a bulb after tasting the chocolate and didnt even notice the ice pack. James and Nat started a cartoon movie too so the rest of the kids are already engrossed with the movie.
Zee went back to his spot after 10 minutes. He continued to read on his book. After a while, he noticed that it is too quiet and saw that everybody but Nunew (who is still watching the movie) is asleep. He thinks it must be the sugar from the chocolates. Nunew, feeling bored, walked towards him.

"Watchu reading?" Nunew curiously asks.

"It is a book about planets and stars. Want to see?" Zee asks him to which Nunew nodded his head enthusiastically. Zee lift him up sat him to his knees and showed him the pictures of the planets.

"Wow. They look cool. But why cant we see them.in sky" Nunew said

"Hmmm. I think it's too early for you to understand. Why dont we get one of your books and we can read it together. Okay?" He asks Nu. He then found one of the younger one's books. He read it with him and soon he notices that the Nunew is slightly becoming sleepy. The room is a bit too cold too so he decided to get blankets for the others.

"Nu why dont you look at the pictures first then i will join you in a bit. I will just get some blankets for your brothers okay?" Zee said to him. Nunew nodded silently and put his chin on his hands and looked at the pictures in the book.

Zee went and got blankets for everybody. He put one on max who is in the armchair and one big one for James and Nat who are on the floor. As we walke back to nunew, he noticed that the little one is asleep with his head on top of the book. He stared at him for a bit and noticed how he cutely looks like a cat. He smiled and shook his head as he picked up nunew and lied him down on the sofa. He covered him with a blanket and went back to get his own book. He decided to sit on the same sofa as nunew and place an arm protectively around him so he would fall down. He looked at nunew's face again and he couldnt help but poke his squishy cheeks. The younger one frowned a bit so he decided to just read his book.
After a while, his eyes started to get heavy. He tried to fight off sleep but his body gave in. Just before he fully closed his eyes, he looked at the little figure next to him again and thought what a cute marshmallow he is.