Sleepless

Nunew came back to his office and saw the box of macarons. It has a note on the top

"Hope you like them. Call me. Z." Nunew read it. He doesnt know if he should be happy or not. He checkes his phone, no message from him but he will leave a note. Strange, he thought
He dialed Zee's number and he answered almost immediately.

"Nu, you're back?" Zee asked

"Hi Hia, yes. Thank you for the macarons. How was your date?" Nunew said as he tried to hide his bitterness.

"That's not a date. That's just lunch" Zee told him

But you want to it be a date. Nunew thought

"I think you might be too full to eat the macarons. You can just take them home" Zee told him

"Huh? Why would i be too full?" Nunew asked.

"Well you told me you already had lunch but you still went out with James" Zee said to him bitterly

"You saw us? Why didnt you say hi? I went out because Phi doesnt want to eat alone"
Im sorry P'James for using you to lie. Nunew said in his head

"Nu, are you for some reason avoiding me? I havent seen you at all since yesterday. You even went out of the house earlier than your usual time" Zee asked him

"What? No! I have so much things to do for the fashion week. I have so much things going on at the moment." Nunew said. Right then, Camila knocked on his door to let him know the next meeting will be starting soon.

"Hia, i need to go. Im sure you heard P'Camila. I will see you later. Okay?" Nunew said as he says bye to Zee.

Later that afternoon as Nunew is about to pack his things and go home, he received a phone call from Gun.

"P'Gun, you called. I miss you!" Nunew told him

"Really? Well maybe you want to get your ass down to your reception then because me and Earth are here to see you."

"Wait, reallt?! You're here?!" Nunew said excitedly

"Yep, and we have a surprise for you." Earth said in the background

"Okay, wait for me there" Nunew told him. He grabbed his things and headed down to the lobby like an excited kid

Zee was on his way to see Nunew when he saw him got out of the elevator and excitedly ran towards the lobby. He got curious as to what might Nunew up to so he followed. He then saw Gun and Earth smiling at him, they then parted as they show someone else hiding behind them. What he saw next gave him a shock. Nunew jumped towards the other guy and gave him a hug.

"IVAN! Oh my word! I missed you!" Nunew said as he clung on to the other man.
Ivan just laughed at him. And hugged him back

"Oh Nunu. You're still cute! I missed you too!" Ivan said as he let him down.

"Why are you here?! I thought you're in Switzerland?!" Nunew asked

"Well im here to represent the company for the fashion week. So you'll be seeing more of me for the next few months!" Ivan said.

"Oh that's so great! I get to spend time with you!" Nunew gave him a side hug

"Yep! I get to see my Nunu again!" Ivan said.

"Excuse me, but youd Nunu?" Zee said intimidatingly as he pulls Nunew towards him

"Oops." Earth silently said to Gun

"Hi P'Zee! Nice to see you" Gun said to Zee.
Zee just nodded at them as he looked at Ivan

"And who is this one?" Zee asked. Nunew went beside Ivan as Zee raised an eyebrow

"Hia, this is Ivan. He was my senior in my masters and really took care of me a lot. You can say he's the Switzerland version of Hia!" Nunew said as he smiled.

Zee doesnt like this. Him and Nunew have a special bond. Hearing nunew say that someone else is taking care of him like he does doesnt sit well with him.

"Nu, want to have dinner with us?" Ivan asked Nunew was about to say yes but Zee interrupted.

"Nu, you promised a family dinner with Mama Thip. She arrived today remember?" Zee told him

"Oh yeah, forgot about that. Sorry guys why dont we meet up tomorrow? " Nunew told them and they just nodded.

Zee and Nunew entered the car. Zee himself is driving so Nunew sat at the front.

"How long have you known that Ivan guy?" Zee asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Uhmm, since i entered the Masters program. So about 3 years now" Nunew answered as he browse something on his phone.

"Not long then. But you guys look like you've known him your whole life" Zee coldly said to him. You hug and cling to him like you've known him longer. Zee said in his thoughts

"How did you meet him?" Zee aaked again.

"Our mentor made a buddy system for juniors and seniors to help each other out. He was my buddy." Nunew said

"Huh. Okay. To be honest, im not sure about that guy" Zee told him as he tighten his grip on the steering wheel

"Hia he's been very good to me when I was in UK. He was like a big brother when i was with them" Nunew reasoned out to him

"I dont know. I have this bad feeling about that guy. I dont like him" Zee said as he frowned.

"Hia you dont even know him." Nunew looked at Zee.
Why is he acting weird? Nunew thought.

"I dont need to know him to know that i dont like him. Why do you defend him so much anyway? Do you like him that much?!" Zee is getting irritated now.
Do you like him more than me?! Zee thought

"Hia, what are you on about? Why are you like this?" Nunew said as he is too baffled at his actions.

"Nothing. You wouldnt understand anyway" Zee told him.

"Hia, slow down. You are going a bit too fast" He reminded Zee who is driving a bit aggressive now.
Zee slowed down but he remained silent all through out the drive.

When they reached home, Zee just went straight to his room to have a shower. He needs to get gis head straight he said to himself so he spent a long time in the thinking in the shower.

During dinner time, Nunew keep on sending messages. His mother reprimanded him but Zee already lost appetite when he saw that it was Ivan that Nunew is messaging so he excused himself and told everybody that he would rest first as he is tired. He went to his room and decided to do a bit of work to take his mind off of Nunew and Ivan. But in the end, no work was done as his thoughts came back to Nunew. He decided to try and sleep it off but that didnt work either because all he can think about at the moment was the hug between Nunew and Ivan and the way the latter call Nunew his Nunu.

Zee got up from his bed and went towards Nunew's door. He quietly went in and saw Nunew's back facing the door. Zee lied down behind Nunew and hugged his back.

"I miss you" Zee quietly said.
"I miss you looking at me all happy. I miss seeing you smile only for me" Zee moved closer to Nunew. He put his head on Nu's shoulder.

"Please dont be distant to me. Please dont replace me. Can't I be the only one for you?" Zee hugged Nunew. He is starting to tear up.

"Please stay with me. Please hold my hand longer. Im not ready to let you go yet" Zee said as silent tears come down from his face.

"Please dont leave me yet"
If you only knew how much I like you. I like you so much it already hurts.
Zee thought to himself.

He then slowly got up and went out of his room quietly. He cant risk Nunew see him cry.
He cant know. Zee said to himself

Inside the room though, is a confused Nunew who is now wide awake. He wasnt completely asleep when Zee came in but he kept his eyes closed when Zee started to talk.

"What does he mean?" Nunew said to himself.

That night was a sleepless night for the two. One is consumed with jealousy, while the other one overwhelmed with the confusion. And as the rain falls down fron the sky, so as their tears.