First Love

Zee took Nunew for brunch with Prem, Boun and Mark. He hadnt seen them since he arrived from UK. They were at a breakfast bistro having a chat while they eat.

"Nunew, Ive seen your designs and how your apartment building in UK looks like. Why dont you go into interior designing?" Prem said

"Good idea! I can ask you to design the next bar and restaurant we are opening!" Mark said to him too.

"Im not that interested on it Phi. I can do it as like a hobby or to help out but its not really my thing." Nunew told them

"Plus he's too busy as he is. He barely have time to record now" Zee complained

"You just like hearing him sing. You should just ask him you know. You live in a same house" Boun told Zee

"He wouldnt sing infront of me. I tried asking him that already" Zee said as he looks at Nunew who just shakes his head.

"Wait is that Sam?" Mark said as he squints his eyes towards the door. Zee immediately looked and stood up.

"Oh my god you're here!" Zee exclaimed as he envelopes the lady in a hug.

Nunew looked surprised and confused at the same time. Zee doesnt hug people first, aside from family. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Prem who is already observing him.
"A friend" Prem told him quietly. Nunew still looks skeptical

"It's been ages Zee! I just got back!" Sam told him as he released her.
"Hey you guys!" She greeted the other three who gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh hi sorry!" Sam said as he noticed Nunew

"This is Nunew, Nu meet Sam. My bestfriend in uni. You didnt meet her because she transferred to Germany before the final year" Zee reasoned to him

"Oh this is the Nunew?! Wow! Hi! Im Sam!" Sam reached to shake his hand, Nunew looked a bit unsure so he looked at Zee who just nodded at him. He then shaked her hand.

"Uhmm. Hi, im Nunew. Im so sorry i was just shocked. I thought the Sam Hia was talking about was a boy" Nunew shyly said.

"OMG you didnt even show him my pictures?!" Said Sam as she slaps Zee's arm

"I didnt?! I cant remember!" Zee sid laughing.

He's laughing. Hia is laughing. Hia is laughing merrily with her.
That's what Nunew is thinking as he stares at them. He had to look away. He doesnt know why this bothers him so much. He should be happy meeting Zee's friends.

Speaking of friends, Nunew looked at Prem and Boun who is sitting infront of him. They are both looking at him with questioning eyes. He felt uncomfortable, like they know something he doesnt. So he smiled at them softly to try and hide it. He sipped his drink.

Zee's attention is completely with Sam. He didnt even notice that Nunew ordered another dessert. Zee was being strict on his sweet intake as he noticed Nunew eating too much sugar.
This is Nunew's way of dealing with stress though. It's the first time that he felt uncomfortable with Zee around. He doesnt like this feeling. He wants to go but he doesnt want to sound rude. He secretly messaged Camila to give him a ring to tell him he has an urgent meeting and to not tell anybody that he asked her. After a few minutes, his phone rings. The table became silent and everybody looked at him.

"P'Camila, whats up?" He said as he answers the phone.
"Is it really urgent? Now? Okay I'll be there shortly" Nunew said as he drops the call.

"Is everything okay?" Zee asked him

"Yeah, i just had a sudden meeting. I need to go now Hia. Bye guys! Nice meeting you Sam!" Nunew said as he stands up

"Call me when you get there" Zee told him.
Nunew just looked at Zee. He blinked. Then he nodded