Bemused

It has already been 2 weeks since
Zee started to work as the VP in his family's business, the Panich corporation. As the name will tell you, Zee's family own several business not just their Jewelry stores. They also own Malls and Resorts. They also own luxury apartment buildings and condominiums. It is over all a corporation of businesses that is being over seen by Zee and his mother Pornthip. Since Zee took over the role, he made sure that everything is being run smoothly. This just means his meticulous ways are at the height of everything. He is very strict and almost all of his employees who is not familiar with him is scared of him. He has already fired people who he found that are either just lazy or taking the company's reputation for their own gain.
His mother let him clean up the company as she knows his son is doing this for the benefit of everybody, plus its a problem that Zee is taking out of her hair.
Zee though has been very grumpy at work. He takes his job seriously and he doesnt like it when other people tarnish the reputation that his father built from ground up.

Nunew on the other hand has been very busy with over seeing the renovation of his apartment building in England. He has a contractor that he puts in charge in their and he just checks everything via Teams. It will be done soon. Just a few more finishes and his interior designer would be able to put all the furnitures in already. He is also trying to prepare for his move. He is formalizing papers, enrolling to classes and trying to shop for winter clothes.
Today he decided to go to the mall to buy some warmers and coats. After he bought everything he needed, he decided that he would stop by Zee's office to see him since it's near. It's already 3pm so he thinks it might be nice to get Zee and his mom something to snack on. He first went to a cafe to buy cakes, black coffee for Zee, black tea for Pornthip and a Mocha for him. He even bought Foie, who is now Zee's secretary, a Latte. He told his driver to go home first to take all the clothes and he will just call him if he would come home early as he was hoping he could go home with Zee.
He took his backpack and his bags of drinks and cakes and proceeded to enter the company's building. He was walking towards the elevator when the lady at the reception shouted at him.
"Excuse me! Where do you think you are going?!" The lady asked him with his eyebrow raised.
Oh she doesnt know me. Right. Nunew thought.

"I am Nunew Chawarin Perdpiriyawong and I am here to go to the VP's office." Nunew emphasized his surname. He doesnt like doing it but he needs to come up quickly so that the coffee would be cold when it reaches upstairs.

"Okay Nunew Chawarin Perdpiriyawong, which cafe are you delivering from because there is not delivery notice that i can see here" the lady rudely tell him. Nunew blinked at her. He then looked at himself. He is wearing a simple Balenciaga shirt and shoes, a supersun trousers and an MCM backpack and this lady thinks he is a delivery boy?

"Uhmm you are mistaken. I am here to see Mr Zee Pruk Panich. I am not a delivery boy." Nunew told him. He is already getting irritated as people are now starting to stare.

"Nope. You name is not on the guest list either. I bet you are just a fan boy trying to make his way in" the receptionist accused him.
Nunew inhaled deeply and gritted his teeth.
"If you could just call Foie, the VPs secretary, he would clear this up for you." He told her

"Why would i disturb the VP for somebody as pretentious as you?" She said as she looked at her nails.
At this point, Nunew is already seething with anger. He put his bags down the desk and took his phone out.
"Im telling you, you better pack up your things now" Nunew warned the lady.

"And who will fire me? You? Or your boss at the cafe you are working at?! Ha! Are you also the delusional type?!' The lady laughed at him. As he takes out a bag of nail clippers and started to clean her nails.

After a few rings, somebody answered Nunew's call.
"Foie, Im at the reception and your receptionist has called me a delivery boy, fan boy, pretentious and delusional all within 5 minutes of conversation. You better come down before i pour your latte over her big head" Nunew gritted his teeth as he hung up. He didnt even let Foie respond.

"Yeah yeah you can continue with your delusions and I can stare at you whole day" The lady told him

And not even 5min, somebody's loud footsteps can be heard walking towards the reception. People inside the building made way for him.

"I called Foie, not you. Why did you go down" Nunew told Zee when he saw him. The receptionist who is still not looking at Nunew just laughed at him.

"I got scared that i might not get my coffee so I went down myself." Zee told him with a tight smile. The lady upon hearing Zee's voice stood up quickly.

"Why didnt you let him in?" Zee glared at the lady

"Sir, well i dont know him sir and his name is not in the guest list" the lady reasoned.
"Did he not introduce himself?" Zee questioned.
"He did but i still dont recognize him. I thought he was just making stories up" the lady shouted.
" did he ask you to call foie?" Zee said in a very loud voice
"Yes sir but' the lady didnt manage to finish her sentence when Zee shouted at her
"And what did you call him?!" Zee is seething in anger now.

"a delivery boy, fan boy, pretentious and delusional all within 5 minutes of conversation sir" Foie who was behind Zee answered.

"How dare somebody as pathetic as you utter those to somebody like Him?! " Zee said in his almost growling voice.
"You are fired. I dont want to see you ever again." Zee said. He Nunew's bags and took Nunew's hand.

"I told you to pack your things didt I? Oh and you should stop cleaning your nails in public. It's unhygenic." Numew told her as she glared at him.

"Oh you are so Fired" Foie told her.

"Come on, Mama is waiting for you." Zee told him. He looked like he just flipped a switch because he is now soft and tender for Nunew

They went inside the elevator and Zee made Nu face him and touche his head
"Are you okay? Im sorry about that" Zee told him with a soft tone

"Hia why are you sorry for her? It's not you who has wronged me. You shouldnt say sorry for something you didnt do." Nunew is now more annoyed that Zee was the one apologizing to him.

"But she is my employee, I am her superior. I am responsible for her actions when she is at work" Zee tried to explain

"Hia, you are not responsible for any of your employee's actions. They have their own mind for a reason. You dont control them or even coerce them to do what you want them to do. They have their own brains and they should start using them to be honest. You are not responsible for anybody aside from yourself. Because if you are then you might just need to fire everybody" Nunew grumbled. He is definitely angry now. How could that lady make Zee apologize to her and take responsibility.

Zee bent down to Nunew's height as he smiled at him and pinch his cheeks
"Okay okay. Dont get angry anymore. You look like an angry cat" Zee tries to lighten up the mood by teasing Nunew.
"Stop it Hia. Its not funny" Nunew grumbled even more.
"What did you buy for me?" Zee asked
"Why are you asking if you can see that Black americano in the bag that you are holding? You are the only one who can drink that piece of hell" Nunew glared at him
"That's what you call being polite Nu" Zee smiled widely at him.
"Well im no longer giving it to you because you are annoying" Nunew is being childish now.
"You love me enough to buy me coffee. You wouldnt break my heart and not give it to me do you?" Zee stared at Nunew
"Good you know i love you enough to endure that piece of a woman downstairs without pouring hot coffee over her head" Nunew pouted as Zee just laughed loudly.

Foie, stayed at the back of the elevator. He just observed the two. It's rare to see his boss this happy and carefree. He looks like a complete different person and only one person has an effect like that to him. Just before he received the phone call from Nunew, Zee just finished a meeting which ended badly to some staff. He wasnt happy with the figures that he is seeing so he questioned the team who didnt have any explanation for him. He nearly fired all of them but just as he was about to, Foie's phone rang loudly which interupted Zee. He looked at Foie angrily and raised an eyebrow. Foie looked at who is calling at this crucial time and he saw that it was Nunew.
"Sir it's sir Nunew." Foie answered and he can see Zee visibly surprised as to why Nu is calling his secretary.
"Answer it in loud speaker i wanna know why he is calling you" and Foie did as he was told.
That was when Zee heard everything that Nunew said. His face showed worry and great anger at the same time. He looked like he was about to kill somebody. He was so scary that when he stood up and went out to get to Nu, everybody paved way for him.

Foie smiled as he looked at his Boss's face. If only sir Nunew know how scary his boss's face earlier versus his bemused face now, he would have been surprised too.