DUTY JOINING

"Why would the Princess call you Annayya?" Theera questioned once in the car.

"You should ask her that" Dhruv opened his MacBook going through the mails.

"That's not even the weird thing. He just accepted her as his sister" Nik looked at his boss through the mirror.

"She's an orphan so I didn't want to hurt her feelings" Dhruv rolled his eyes.

"When did you start caring about other people's feelings?" Karthik asked.

"Karthik! What about the report I asked you to complete?" Dhruv asked.

"That's due on Thursday" Karthik reminded him.

"Complete it by tomorrow morning" Dhruv ordered making Karthik widen his eyes as Nik chuckled.

"Lame trick" Theera mumbled but got startled when an iPad was thrown into her lap.

"Read the documents and make terms for negotiation" Dhruv ordered without even moving his eyes from his MacBook.

Once in the mansion they heard new voices and people roaming around making the four of them frown as Dhruv asked "Maniamma! Who allowed them inside?"

"Baabu gaaru! A girl came and said that she's going to be living in this house an-" Before Maniamma could complete Karthik started "And you allowed her in? Maniamma are you really that naive?"

"Where is she?" Dhruv asked.

Maniamma pointed in the direction of the guest room making him walk towards the guest bedroom followed by others and he pushed the door open and was about to walk inside when he bumped into a girl who slipped and held his collar making him move forward too but he stood his ground and held her in his arms before they could fall down.

Theera whistled lowly "Wah! Kya mast scene hain" and snapped a few pictures making the girl frown and pushed Dhruv away standing up properly.

"Uhh...you are Ms. Satiksha Varma right?" Karthik walked forward and extended his hand.

"Hi! You must be Karthik who I spoke on the phone. Don't get me wrong! I just wanted to start the work as early as possible" Satiksha shook his hand.

"It's alright! That's our boss Mr.Roy" Karthik introduced making her extend her hand for a shake hand.

Dhruv looked at her hand and then at her "Do your work properly" and walked away making her scoff as Theera rolled her eyes while Karthik and Nik smiled awkwardly.

"Don't mind him! He always has something up his as-" Karthik and Nik glared at her making her smile sheepishly "on his mind. Welcome to the palace. I'm Theera. That's Nik" and shook Satiksha's extended hand.

"I like your brutal honesty" Satiksha smiled at Theera.

"If you want any help or want to go ghost hunting or irritate our boss you can come to me anytime" Theera's words made Satiksha laugh as Karthik shook his head.

Everyone sat for the lunch at the dining table "Satiksha madam! If you have any special food preferences you can tell me and I'll make it for you".

"Nothing like that Maniamma" Satiksha replied as she mixed the curry with the rice and ate it.

"When will you submit the plan for the palace Ms. Varma?" Dhruv asked.

"Within two days. But first I have to check each and everything in this palace for my presentation" Satiksha replied.

"Our manager will accompany you" Dhruv stood up washing his hands and walked towards the living room.

Satiksha looked at Karthik, Nik and Theera wondering who his manager was making Theera raise her hand "Like I said I'll help you".

"So do you believe in ghosts?" Theera asked as they walked through every floor.

"I never thought of those but I would love to see one" Satiksha smiled as she took pictures with her phone of every room.

"Even I want to see one. May be we should do some magic" Theera suggested.

"Magic?" Satiksha frowned.

"Magic to attract ghosts" Theera whispered making Satiksha laugh.

They heard footsteps and voices making them frown and walk in the direction of the voice and saw Nik talking on the phone making Satiksha sigh and was about to call him but Theera stopped her.

'What happened?' Satiksha signed with her hand.

Theera put a finger on her lips and looked around before she walked to the corner of the room and bought out a broom stick making Satiksha confused.

Theera walked behind Nik slowly and put the broom stick to his back like a gun startling Nik who raised his arms as if he was criminal.

"Wh.....o... are..... you....." Theera whispered eriely.

"I...I....am just a worker ghost madam.....please don't do anything.... I'm just here for work. If you leave me I'll run away from here and never come back" Nik's legs started shivering while Satiksha and Theera tried controlling their laughs.

"Wh...at....abo...ut....you...r BOSS?" Theera moved a little closer to him so he could feel her presence like a ghost.

"Boss? You can have him as a meal. I'm sure he'd taste even more good than me. After all he has a gym body. Even Karthik is fine. He has a little muscle. But me... I'm all bones..." Nik started blabbering.

Dhruv was walking to his room but hearing Nik's voice he walked in the direction of the noise to see Theera behind Nik and Satiksha recording everything and asked "Is this what I'm paying you for?"

Theera and Satiksha widened their eyes as Nik winced "Boss save me plea-" and turned around to see Theera and Satiksha.

"Our work is done so these are not office hours" Satiksha locked her phone pocketing it.

"You...Theera...wait" saying Nik tried to hold her hand but she pushed Satiksha aside and started running away with Nik chasing her behind.

Before Satiksha could fall Dhruv caught her in his arms which resulted in an eye lock. His eyes are greyish black. And they look like black but the grey hue in them changes according to his mood. It felt good analysing those eyes and she enjoyed it like she enjoyed her job. It was new for her but those eyes seemed to be staring at her soul. This feeling is new, chilly and at the same time.....same time unimaginable.