SHIPMENT / SHOPPING

After thirty minutes the car stopped at the village godowns which were near the fields. They saw a few workers who were shifting the huge material boxes into the godown from the trucks. The workers immediately greeted Dhruv since he was the one who's going to pay them their wages.

"Once in the godown, open the boxes and check if there is any damage to the materials" Dhruv ordered making the workers nod.

"Are you the manager of the contractor?" Theera asked a man who stood in formals holding a file.

"Yes Mam! I was the one who talked to you on the phone. I'm Sumanth" Sumanth extended his hand to shake her hand but Theera joined her palms in greeting.

"Our boss is waiting for you in the office. You can meet him there" Theera directed him towards the office room at the other end of the factory godowns.

"Ok mam!" Sumanth walked away to meet Dhruv while Theera went into the godown as the workers opened the boxes to check for any damage.

"Read me out the materials" Theera instructed as workers read the materials in the boxes one by one as she ticked the check boxes on her iPad and saved the documents before walking towards the small desk where Nik was waiting for her.

"Here! This is your desk" Nik showed her making her nod.

"We've to place some materials in cold storage madam" One of the workers Somu walked to them.

"Shift them into the cold storage and I'll come to check which boxes they are" Theera nodded making Somu walk to his colleagues and shift a few boxes into the cold storage.

"You can give wages to them now" Nik gave her a ledger making her sit down as the workers lined up one by one.

Nik read out the names as Theera counted the notes and handed the workers their advance salary as Sumanth walked out of the office room and waved her a bye before going out of the factory gates.

"I see someone is interested in you" Nik teased making her roll her eyes as she gave the last worker the advanced salary.

"Did you forget I ran away from marriage?" Theera asked.

"Dating and love both can be done without marrying too" Nik pointed out.

"Love and marriage are two things I want to stay away from, for the time being" Theera stood up locking the desk drawers and walked towards her boss's office with Nik behind her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Hey Nik!" Satiksha walked into the living room.

"Hey! Shouldn't you be busy in the Princess's engagement works for tomorrow" Nik looked at her.

"I did the works I can. Now it's me time. Where's Theera?" Satiksha asked.

"Right here" They heard Theera who was walking beside Karthik both of them discussing something looking at the iPad.

"Let's go!" Satiksha walked to her and hooked her arm.

"Go where?" Theera asked.

"Shopping! For Dhara's engagement, haldi, mehendi and wedding" Satiksha said.

"No way! I don't like shopping" Theera frowned.

"Then, what are you going to wear for all the functions?" Satiksha looked at her.

"Why would I get ready if I'm not attending them?" Theera shook her head as she sat down on the couch.

"You're not? But Dhara invited you all" Satiksha looked at Nik and Karthik who in return looked at Theera.

"No one told me that she invited me" Theera shrugged.

"That's because Dharani invited me" Dhruv walked into the living room and took the single couch in the middle.

"Technically! She invited you all" Satiksha folded her arms.

"Ms. Chowdary has work to do so she wouldn't be able to attend it. Don't worry I'll send her wishes to my sister" Dhruv looked at Satiksha.

Theera scoffed "You.... hypocrite" and stood up making the trio press their lips not to laugh as she turned towards Satiksha "Let's go shopping" and dragged her out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"What do you wanna buy for engagement?" Satiksha asked.

"Simple dress" Theera replied as she checked her bank account to see only five thousand.

"What about the wedding?" Satiksha handed the dresses to the sales woman.

"Anything more simple" Theera replied as she looked around.

"What?" Satiksha looked at her.

"I don't like heavy things" Theera shrugged as Satiksha rolled her eyes and selected the dresses for Theera.

"Try them" Theera was pushed into the trail room and tried the four dresses one after the other.

"I'll only take one dress" Theera picked the crop top of her own choice putting away the dresses Satiksha selected.

"What's wrong with you?" Satiksha asked.

"Nothing!" Theera didn't want to say that she was low on cash and the five thousand in her bank account was for emergencies. She has to wait for the month end to get her salary which is already less because of the shopping bill on her first day.

Suddenly her phone pinged making her unlock her phone to see ten thousand credited in her mobile from Karthik with a text "Buy whatever you want" making her smile.

Theera picked the saree which Satiksha selected along with the crop top and dress of her own choice before both of them paid the bills and went to their own homes.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Thank-you so much" Theera thanked Karthik.

"It's the boss who asked me to transfer the money" Karthik smiled.

'I shouldn't have called him a hypocrite' Theera hit her head scolding herself before turning towards Dhruv "Umm... Thank you boss. You're so kind".

"Why would you thank me if you paid from your own money?" Dhruv asked.

"Huh?" Theera didn't understand.

"Nik! Minus the ten thousand and the previous shopping bill. How much does she receive as her salary at the end of the month?" Dhruv asked.

"Four thousand five hundred and thirty rupees boss" Nik replied.

"There! Get ready by ten tomorrow" Dhruv walked away.

Theera gritted her teeth and lifted the glass from the table to throw at Dhruv but Karthik and Nik held her hands from either side of her stopping her as she yelled at Dhruv "You're not just a hypocrite. You're a damn money minded, self obsessed and insane man".