RAIN PAIN

"Why didn't you stay back?" Karthik asked.

"Too many people and nosy aunts who always want to know when I am getting married" Satiksha shuddered.

"So this is your escape place like Theera's" Nik nodded.

"Theera's?" Satiksha didn't understand what he meant.

"She ran away from her marriage" Karthik narrated everything about how they met Theera

"What? That's so adventurous. But how did devil of our boss took her in? I mean he's not that kind" Satiksha asked.

"True! Even we want to know the reason for that but we wouldn't dare ask that" Nik shook his head.

"By the way...what does my in laws do?" Satiksha slipped and bit her tongue.

"In laws?" Nik and Karthik questioned.

"Ummm....well....you know..." Satiksha struggled to speak.

"Dhruv's family died when he was a child. His uncle and he are the only ROY's left in their family" Karthik explained.

"Oh! Where does his uncle live?" Satiksha asked.

"In Calcutta. He's a strict Bengali who follows traditions and culture" Nik replied.

"Hence! If you impress his uncle you can impress the boss too" Karthik hinted making Satiksha blush and stand up.

"Thank you for your support hopefully I make the devil of our boss into a normal person" Satiksha smiled before walking towards the elevators.

"I thought you were on Theera's side" Nik looked at Karthik.

"Theera's side?" Karthik frowned.

"Yeah! I mean boss met Theera first and then Satiksha. So Theera has more chance to win boss's love don't you think?" Nik asked.

"What? Theera and boss? Oh my god! You must be out of your mind. If we leave them alone for a few minutes they will kill each other. I'm sure of it and here you are rooting for them. It's better if the boss loves Satiksha" Karthik shook his head and went towards the stairs.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Satiksha knocked on Dhruv's office door before going inside "I didn't permit you to come in".

Satiksha rolled her eyes as she closed the door behind her walking towards him "You're not my boss now! Office hours are up".

Dhruv looked at the plans before him as Satiksha looked around the office room which seemed like maharaja's study room "I thought there would be many changes to be made but seems like palace is guarding and protecting itself".

"Ofcourse! It's built by us after all" Satiksha proudly said.

"It is built by one of your ancestors who was adopted into your family" Satiksha looked at him.

"How did you know?" Satiksha asked.

"Do you think I'm stupid to buy something this big without even knowing who built it" Dhruv glanced at her.

Satiksha nodded "Although she was adopted, my family raised and taught her everything".

"True! But just teaching is not enough and that too a lady building this huge palace is not a normal thing" Dhruv turned his head walking towards a portrait.

Satiksha looked at the portrait of a King which turned yellow due to the change in weather and since it's centuries old "He's the one who made that lady build the palace".

Dhruv looked at the painting which seems unrecognisable and was about to touch it when a thunder boomed in the sky making him step back as Satiksha laughed "You're scared of thunders and lightening" before going to the balcony doors to close them.

It was thundering and lightening for every few seconds as Satiksha closed the doors and locked them before turning around to see Dhruv leaning forward with his arms on the desk "Are you alright?"

Dhruv's face turned painful before he fell on his knees as Satiksha yelled rushing to him  "Dhruv.....".

Dhruv held his chest gritting his teeth so he'd not make any sound due to pain as if a knife was twisted in his heart while Satiksha fell on her knees and tried touching him "What happened?"

Dhruv held her hand before she could touch him "I'm fine! Go....".

"What! No....you're not. Let me hel-" Before Satiksha could complete he yelled at her "Get out" making her jump.

She stood up and slowly took steps back towards the room door as it started pouring making him close his eyes fisting his chest as she walked out of the room closing the door behind her.

'What is happening to him? Why is he sitting there instead of going to doctor? Does it happen often? Does Karthik and Nik know?' With these thoughts running in her mind she didn't see Theera coming towards her and bumped into her.

"Ouch! Satiksha! What happened?" Theera asked.

Satiksha shook her head "Nothing!".

"Is our boss in the office?" Theera asked and was about to walk towards the office door.

Satiksha held her arm "No! He...he went back to his room saying he'll rest".

"This man! He called me for the report and now happily sleeping" Theera huffed "Fine! I'm going to bed then goodnight" and walked in the direction of her room.

"I should find out what is happening to Dhruv" Satiksha vowed to herself as she retired to her room.