INVITATION

The next morning even before seven Theera woke up and did her morning routine before rushing to her boss's office to search the book. She started searching the floor and under the shelves and the table but the book was not found.

She decided to check the shelves at last and for almost three hours she checked half of the shelves but the book was nowhere to be found. She held her hair as if she's had gone mad and looked at the painting "Don't look like that! You're happily dead and here I am trying to find about you".

 She held her hair as if she's had gone mad and looked at the painting "Don't look like that! You're happily dead and here I am trying to find about you"

The room door opened making her look at Maniamma who walked inside with a broom "Theera madam! I heard you and Babu gaaru were in accident. Are you really okay?"

"Haa Maniamma! But I want your help" saying she drew the cover of the book on a blank paper and showed it to Maniamma "If you find anything with this symbol, be it a book or any thing just bring it to me okay".

"Okay! Theera madam" Maniamma looked at the drawing.

"Show this to remaining workers also" Theera ordered making Maniamma nod and take the paper from her.

Satiksha walked into the living room to see Karthik talking to a group of people and greeted him "Hey! Are these the new workers?"

"Yeah! I assigned some of them for the palace grounds and some for cleaning. You can choose the rest and instruct them to what to do" Karthik said making the workers part into groups.

"Oh! That's great. What about the designers and painters? Satiksha asked.

"They are also included in the left over people" Karthik replied making them nod.

"Okay! Anna! This is not the houses or rooms like you painted or designed before. We've to make this palace just like how it looked before" Satiksha said.

"That is okay madam! But we'll be alright in this palace right? I mean although we're from other villages we've heard about the rumours" One of the workers said.

"They have been staying for two weeks now. They are fine and I too stayed here for four nights I'm fine too. There's nothing here. Infact my friend is actually trying to find everything about this palace and also how and why the rumours started. So you can all be assured" Satiksha explained.

"Why are you trying to find about the palace madam? It belongs to the royal family right" Another worker asked.

"It belonged to the royal family. Now it's our boss Mr. Roy's palace. So we've to make sure nothing is going on here and it's completely safe" They heard Theera who walked towards them making the workers nod.

"If you're done chatting get to works. And make sure by evening six all the doors and windows are locked in the palace except the front door" Nik ordered.

"Also we allotted the out house for you all. If you need anything you can ask Maniamma or Madan" Karthik said making the workers nod and few of them followed Maniamma while few of them followed Satiksha.

"The masked man stole the book" Theera said once everyone went back to their works.

"The one you found?" Nik asked making her nod.

"What is in it that you desperately want to read it?" Karthik looked at her.

"Firstly, it's made of gold and it must've belonged to one of the royals so that's why it must be locked. And the painting in boss's room was painted by a female painter. In those times Kings use to order the famous and talented painters that too most of them are male to paint their portraits but that painting has the name of the female painter" Theera explained.

"What if that female painter was famous too?" Nik asked.

"She must've been famous but no painter would dare to sign their name on a King's painting" Theera pointed out.

Nik and Karthik nodded understanding her point "So what is the painter's name?"

"Shatakshi. It was written in some other script but thanks to Google translate I found out at least the name" Theera said.

"So...you think the book that was stolen might be painter's diary or something?" Karthik asked.

"May be or it may have belonged to someone more important" Theera shrugged.

"Madam! A post man delivered this" One of the newly appointed workers forwarded a box.

Theera took the box and read the card on it 'ALL ARE INVITED' making Nik take the box from her and opened it too see a luxurious grand wedding card with almonds, Laxmi Devi idol and saffron "It's Shagun's wedding card".

"Shagun? Is she the one who danced with the boss?" Theera asked.

"She's marrying my best friend" They heard Dhruv who walked towards them and took the card.

"You have best friends too?" Theera raised her eyebrow.

"Girl! Boss only stays away from girls" Karthik joked and the trio laughed making Dhruv glare at them.