Chapter 34: The final symbol

As the grand festival got over with Solidad winning, you decided to finally battle to get that Brave symbol.
Unlike Ash, it was gonna be the first time you would face off against Brandon.
The only known pokémon of his was Registeel which made you think about getting your Magmar back.

"So you're facing off against a Registeel? For starters you need to remember that Registeel's body is made out of steel which is not found in this planet"
"Not from this planet?! That's cool!"
"As Registeel's a steel type, that tells me to go with Fire, ground and fighting type move" Brock said
"And Y/N, you're going to face off against a Regirock, am I correct?"
You nodded "maybe I should go with a water type pokémon..?"

"Ah! Ice type, then should I send you Lapras?"
You thought for a bit 'I can only use one pokémon against Brandon....Lapras would be a great choice but I don't want to loose another battle after what happened in the grand festival....then to ensure my victory I think I should....' "Yeah! I would take my Lapras....and will it be okay to take Kirlia too?"
"Sure, what pokémons will you transfer then?"
You looked at the balls before taking two out of your belt "Murkrow and Raticate"

"And professor, I'll take my Torkoal"
"Ah! Great choice, Ash, so which pokémon will you send?"
"I caught this Aipom recently and I want to send it"
"Very well then, Torkoal, Lapras and Kirlia"

....

"C'mon out everyone" you let Spearow, Lapras "Guys.....look, I'm going to face off against Brandon's Regirock tomorrow and I don't want to loose against him... after what happened in the grand festival, I just want to win in any way possible! So Lapras being water type has the advantage, but being an Ice type is the only disadvantage. But I'm pretty sure that we'll do great! So Lapras! Let's give our best in this training and Spearow, help us out, Kay?"

Lapras and Spearow let out a cry
"So! Lapras, focus on Spearow first and then use ice beam with all your force and Spearow dodge and attack back!"

....

After witnessing Ash's Torkoal loosing the next day to the Regice, it was your turn to face off against Regirock.
After the grand festival, it was the gonna be the first time you were battling again and no way you were going to lose.

"Looks like Y/N spent her entire night practicing with Lapras" Brock said leaning against his seat
"Yeah, she told me that they slept only three hours" Arlo said
"That explains the bags under her eyes" Max said noticing how tired you looked

"Alright! Both the trainers! Please bring out your pokémons"
"Regirock! I choose you"
"Lapras! Let's go!"

"Lapras! Start of with confuse ray!" Lapras being quicker, managed to start the battle and confused the giant, which didn't seemed to bother the monstrous Pokemon.
"Regirock. Use rock throw!"

Lapras immediately got affected by the sudden move and fell "Get up and use water gun!"
The water-ice type pokémon immediately splashed water on its giant opponent.
"Regirock! Use ancient power!"
"Counter it with blizzard"
The moves collided mid way not attacking any pokémons 'what if I just freeze this entire floor? Lapras will have the advantage' "alright Lapras! Ice beam the entire floor!"

"Stop that using Rock throw!" Regirock being attacked with confuse ray earlier couldn't attack anymore and stood still for a moment while the floor for covered with ice
"Now! Skate near that Pokemon and use hydro pump!"
"Use Zap cannon!"
"What?-" Hydro pump managed to hit Regirock before it attacked back with an electric move making Lapras fall back, close to fainting. "Lapras, you can't give up! Get up and use body slam!"

"Grab Lapras and use Rock smash!"
"Hol' up---- Lapras! Don't let it hit you! Use water gun right on its face!" Lapras managed to escape immediately making the Regirock take a few step back but eventually slipped and fell "now's the chance! Body slam!!"

Lapras using all it's force slammed itself on the rock type and looked at it dead in the eyes "finish it off with a rock smash and hydro pump!"

.
.
.

"Regirock is unable to battle! Victory goes to Y/N!" The referee announced as Lapras let out a sigh before letting it's body fall on the ground
"We did it Lapras!" "Row!"
"She did it guys!" "Pi pika!"
"Knew it!"
"Let's goo! All the hardwork of the night paid off!"
"So that means she finally got the brave symbol!"
"She completed the battle frontier!"

"Looks like we got ourselves a challenger who defeated all the frontier brains" Scott said smiling

Brandon returned Regirock and went over to you, Lapras and Spearow "You and Lapras did a great job, I'm impressed"
"Thank you so much! Lapras gave its best for us to win, thank you so much, Lapras" you patted it's head as Spearow sat over on it's head congratulating it's friend.
"Here's your brave symbol which shows that you defeated the battle pyramid"
"Thank you!" You said talking the symbol and showing it to your two pokémons

....

The evening fell down as Scott gave you a frame consisting all your frontier symbols and words written on it which shows you defeated all of the frontier brains.
"Here's all the seven symbols, and now you're a part of the battle frontier hall of fame"
"Thanks a lot, it's an honour to be there" you turned to Ash "now, Ash! It's your turn to get one too!"
Ash nodded "alright! Pikachu! Let's give our best and win next time!" "Cha!"

"Alright then kids, see ya later!" Scott said going away with Brandon and his referee, leaving you with the rest.

...

Words: 971
Published: 29/10/23
Updated: --/--/--