Chapter 53: Hatching, evolving and leaving

[A/N: Guys what should be the gender of Riolu? In future, the Riolu>Lucario owned by Ash will be a guy, so should your Riolu be a girl or nah?]

[Not proof read]

...

After the surprising night of getting the Riolu, you explained to everyone how you now own a Riolu who was slightly nervous to meet everyone, but when everyone showed it love, it warmed up to them.

"The ferry leaves at 3:30, you two better pack everything soon~" Harley winked at May and Solidad
"We're already done packing them, you should worry about your stuffs" Solidad replied and sat on the table followed by Dawn, You and May.
"As it's your last day here, what do you guys wanna do?" Arlo asked
"Well, how about we check this town around a bit before figuring out what to do next? Afterall we didn't got the time to do so"
"Good idea Drew" You smiled, but something felt odd. "Um Gary? When are you leaving by the way?"
"Huh? Oh i contacted Professor Rowan this morning, he said that he wants to me to go to Eterna City so I've to take Pastoria city's ferry which leaves at 2:50" he informed

"So you can spend the day with us aswell!" Ash grinned
"How about you let us hear a poem now?" Dawn says, clasping her hands, making everyone trip on the ground
"Dawn!!!" Everyone shouted making the girl stick out her tongue playfully
"Oh by the way! How's your leg Y/N?" Brock asked surprisingly.
You blinked at him once before realising what he meant, "oh yeah it's fine, I just can't run much"
"Y/N, you're zoning out since last night, are you okay?" Solidad asked
"It's fine, I'm just thinking about something" you shrugged and ate the food.

After breakfast, you all went out in the crowdy place.
"Anyone wanna come with me for shopping? I have to get some souvenirs before leaving" May said
"Can I come? I have to get a new sticker for the pokéball case!"
"Hey I forgot about the souvenirs completely! I have to get some too!" Soledad said "Harley, you coming?"
"These are all childish stuffs, but sure I would come, I have to get my iceeecream~" He said and walked away like a model (he's an icon, change my mind)

"Is he serious?" Dawn sweatdropped
"Sad to say, yeah" May responded, mentally facepalming. "Alright guys we'll be back soon then"
Now, you were stuck with Brock, Gary, Ash, Drew and Arlo.
"So where do you guys wanna go?" Ash asked "man I'm hungry"
"You just ate" you facepalmed
Ash sulked a bit hearing that "Hey, when are you evolving Kirlia by the way?"
Shi-
"I FORGOT ABOUT HIM!"
"Y/N calm down, Kirlia's not dying or anything he's just fine....he just needs to evolve and that's it" Gary said resting his hand on your shoulder.
"Hey what about we go to the center and get Kirlia transferred now? We don't have anything to do anyways" Drew casually suggested
"That's a good idea!" You said and started to walk with the others to the center.

In the middle of walking, you slowly got on Drew's side and gave him a smile which he returned but immediately turned his gaze on the street again.
Arlo noticed this and pulled you by hand to stop you from walking.
"Y/N, did something happen between you and Drew? And also what happened to Brock? I noticed that he's been acting really normal around you." He asked suspiciously.
"Look Arlo, about Brock I think that he moved on, which is a really good thing, but I don't know about Drew....even though he's trying his best to be like his old self around me, I feel like there's a distance between us....as if we are just friends"
Arlo stayed quiet and nodded, 'something is wrong and i have to figure it out before everyone leaves'

Back at the center, you, Ash and Gary decided to call Oak while Brock, Drew and Arlo stayed together.
"Hey guys this center sells pokémon food too so I'm going to get them, be right back" Brock said, leaving the place.
'Now's my time' "Hey Drew? How things going in Johto?"
"Hm? Oh they're great, i got four ribbons already" He said showing his ribbon case
"They look amazing! I wish Y/N went there too"
Drew looked at Arlo with a small smile, "Yeah, wish that too"
"Do you miss her?"
"Huh?" He blinked at Arlo for a bit "What're you talking about?-"
"You're acting really strange since the first round, Drew....Y/N was really excited to meet you after such a long time but it looks like the things in the Hoenn didn't meant much to you..."
"Arlo it's not like that-"
"Then? What's it like?"
"....well you see, I was talking to Gary a few days ago and it felt like as if they both liked eachother since they were children and the feeling she had for him is still there, I saw how he carried her to the hotel yesterday and she was blushing at him"
Arlo's jaw dropped, "are you crazy? Look she might've blushed due to embarassment, and if they liked eachother as a child, it would've gone away because they were literally children" He facepalmed. "You really don't have to worry about it" He said as Drew nodded, his face being difficult to read. "Hey! I forgot to tell Brock about getting me a chocolate! I'll be right back!" Arlo said running to find Brock. His main motive being talking to him and chocolate is something he just wants to eat.