Chapter 52: Surprise Pokémon!

[not proof read, expect some errors]

[A/N: guys I'm back and my reason of disappearing is in the community tab of Wattpad T-T, just cuz I wasn't online for ig two weeks I'm uploading 3 chapters together <333]

...

The cold air passed by, making your hair sway gently a bit. You let out a sigh and stared at the Lake Verity in front of you. You were all alone there, without a single pokémon because you didn't wanted your pokémons to worry about you.
The truth is, you came here to clear up your mind.

In the morning, during the contest, you decided that you would use Seaking but seeing Zoey use Finneon, you realised that the moves Zoey told Seaking to use were exactly the same you were gonna ask Seaking to use, except you wanted to finish the show with aqua ring.

Scared of getting criticized, you told everyone that Lapras would the pokémon you're going to use and even though you and Lapras tried your best, which everyone loved, including Lapras and the other pokémons, you still were confused. You got selected to go to the second round but did you actually deserved the win?

"Things aren't going like they were since the Kanto contests, especially after the Hearthome contest...I'm not sure if people genuinely love the performance anymore..." You sighed.

[Back in the hotel]

Dawn, May, Solidad and Zoey were sitting on the floor gossiping among themselves.
"Yeah it was a lot of fun" The girls laughed before Soledad looked around the room
"Guys, Y/N's still not back, you sure we shouldn't check up on her?"
"She's been acting strange since the sixteen coordinators were selected. I think she's just worried about tomorrow's contest" Zoey said making the girls nod.

"She didn't even take a single pokémon with her" May said, noticing the five pokéballs lying on the nearby table.
"Hey, I forgot to ask one thing" Zoey said "I was watching Y/N's Hoenn contests and saw that she also has a lot of other pokémons like Kirlia, Eevee, Dustox, Minun, Mightyena and Swellow"
"Mhm, besides eevee, she caught all of them in Hoenn and Lapras, Seaking were caught when she first started her journey in Kanto"
"No no, I was gonna ask something else" Zoey interrupted Dawn making the girls confused "I saw that her Kirlia was caught in a Love ball, is she and Ash dating? I mean they're wearing matching clothes anyways"

May looked dumbfounded before she started laughing "Ash? Give Y/N a pokémon?? In a love ball??? Oh my god" She started to laugh even more and wiped a tear off her eyes before speaking "Nahh, she's not dating Ash. He's way to dense to even show her a single hint that he likes her"
"Wait so he does like her?"
"Mhm, from a long time" Dawn replied this time, "they're matching because Ash's mom made that attire for her and she of course couldn't reject her like that"

"Then what about that love ball?" Solidad asked "Drew was always curious to know who gave her that, even I asked her once but got interrupted that time which lead to us forget about that question and I never got the chance to know the answer too"
"Hey, I also noticed that Kirlia's ball is a love ball, I thought Brock or Ash would be the one who gifted her that but the way they stared at the ball with daggers, I knew it wasn't their gift" Dawn said

"Well you see, the one who gave Y/N a Kirlia was....." May said
"Was????" The other girls spoke, looking at May
"Hoenn Champion, Steven Stone"
"WHAT?!" Everyone shouted "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE CHAMPION?!"
"CALM DOWN GUYS! There's a reason! I don't remember this much because it thing happened a long time ago, but i believe we were in the Granite cave and the champion was there as well, he was fond of rocks and Y/N I think gave him a stone which he loved a lot and in return gave her Kirlia, I believe he sent that ball with a letter attached to it saying how Love ball was the only ball with him that time and she shouldn't think much about it and just accept the Ralts he sent her"