prologue

every night aurora would have this one reoccurring dream, stranded on the shores of a beach, the sand stretched as far as the eye could see, illuminated by the silvery glow of moonlight. beside her stood a boy with hair as golden as the sun, his eyes reflecting the depths of an ocean unknown, yet she has absolutely no idea who this boy was.

all of the dreams were the same, aurora and the blonde wouldn't speak, yet she felt at peace with him. some would say she dreams about him because they're meant to be while others say it's because he could be a placeholder for someone she do not want to see, for whatever reason.

aurora glanced down at the water.

her reflection peered back at her as she leant over the railing— the same brown hair loosely framing her narrow face. the moonlight hitting the bridge of her small nose at just the right angle and her bare, pouted lips falling into a tight smile that didn't seem to reach her eyes. her sharp eyebrows and lengthened lashes fluttered oh so innocently, but promised hell for those who dared to gaze into the shallow, dead abyss of her sienna eyes.

but that's all it was- a reflection. a haunting shadow looming above the water and if you stuck your hand through, it would haplessly sink into the murky, clouded depths of the ocean. and then it was gone, washed away by the waves lapping the side and blurring the remnants of the girl's fractured self.

the unknown boy took her hand that rested on the railing as she looked over at him and smiled, show casting the award winning smile. with the golden boy's hand intertwined with hers, a subtle warmth spread through aurora. the sound of crashing waves accompanied the moonlit scene as they stood together on the endless beach, a silent narrative unfolding between them.

suddenly aurora woke up, but instead of a beach she was greeted with pink walls and blue dressers with hundreds of designer bags all neatly organized all around her room, luckily she had her own cabin.

"why does this keep happening?" she groaned before, burying her face in the white pillow. she's had this dream for months and she still didn't know who the blonde boy was.