twenty one

CHAPTER TWENTY ONEaurora's three headed dog

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
aurora's three headed dog

IF THERE'S ANYTHING AURORA LEARNED ABOUT FRIENDSHIPS, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you

IF THERE'S ANYTHING AURORA LEARNED ABOUT FRIENDSHIPS, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, don't take them for granted. friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. powerful stuff.

"grover hurry up!" annabeth called out as her and aurora hid behind some rocks, percy following after them.

the underworld was dark, very dusty and humid— her ralph lauren sweatshirt was definitely dirty now.

"not in kansas." percy spoke, aurora had remembered this story— silena had told her about it, the wizard of oz.

aurora rolled her eyes, muttering, "yeah, because i really expected flying monkeys and a yellow brick road down here."

"hey focus," annabeth turned back, she didn't know what the two were talking about. "we left kansas four days ago."

"yeah, no it's a..." percy started. "wait i thought you haven't seen any movies?" he asked aurora.

"i haven't, one of my siblings told me the story." aurora answered, silena told her about it as a bedtime story when she first arrived to camp.

"oh, okay." percy nodded, he wanted to be the first person to watch a movie with her, she'd probably like romcoms and disney princess films.

"guys is that who i think it is?" grover squeezed the ball, snapping percy out of his thoughts as they all looked forward.

"charon, the boatman taking new arrivals across the river styx." annabeth explained, pointing to him. "which means that over there is the main gate. let's go, maybe we can get there first."

"yeah," grover commented, continuing to play with the ball as it squeaked louder and louder and quite frankly aurora was getting tired of hearing it, even though she was the one that gave it to him.

"why don't you let me hang onto that for now?" she extended her hand, grover bent down to her level and placed the red ball in her hands. "thank you," she could finally have some peace.