nine

CHAPTER NINEtwelve year old criminals

CHAPTER NINE
twelve year old criminals

WHEN PEOPLE LOOKED AT AURORA, they saw a real life princess

WHEN PEOPLE LOOKED AT AURORA, they saw a real life princess. wherever she went people would stare, it was as if she had stepped out of a fairytale. the way her eyes sparkled and her every movement seemed choreographed added to the enchantment that surrounded her.

but that was all that people noticed, they never cared to know her. she wasn't just a pretty face, she could also kick ass too. because of the bows in her hair, the skirts and dresses that she often wore everyone believed she was this little girl that needed saving— the damsel in distress.

"woah when did you put that bow in your hair?" percy asked, trying to touch it, it was a baby pink color and she definitely didn't have it before, he would've noticed. the four were on a train and after percy's many attempts at trying to get grover to switch seats with aurora he finally did.

"don't touch me, you'll burn," aurora scooted away, she just put the bow in, she didn't need it getting ruined already.

"watch me burn, watch me burn," he kept trying to reach the bow, out of pure pettiness more than anything else.

"i will break your fucking arm off." aurora warned, pushing his hands away.

"biscuits or cookies?" grover pulled the snacks out of his jacket, completely ignoring the two across from him.

"i'm so real, i'm not trying to be funny," the girl declared, her eyes narrowing at percy. before he could get a word out, aurora grabbed a cookie from grover and shoved it in percy's mouth. "i've had enough, i hope you've had enough, if you didn't have enough, get enough."

"but at least with the gods you know the rules, show them respect and they'll be in your corner." aurora woke up to the sound of annabeth's voice, not opening her eyes yet.

percy looked over at the girl sleeping next to him, examining her face, aurora's delicate features softened in sleep, he stared at her perfectly arched brows and lengthened lashes, her sienna eyes were shut and somehow a light hit the bridge of her small nose at just the right angle that it sparkled. he looked down at her pink, plump lips and immediately thought of her smile, when percy saw her smile he felt as if his knees would give out and at any moment he would fall right into her arms.