two

CHAPTER TWOstalker aurora

CHAPTER TWO
stalker aurora

THE INVISIBLE STRING THEORY claims that people, typically "true loves," have an invisible red thread binding them together despite obstacles, time, and distance

'the thread may stretch or tangle but will never break.'

aurora's fingers delicately grasped the bowstring, her gaze fixed on the target ahead, the end of the arrow was on fire so one wrong move and everything could go wrong. with a controlled exhale, she released the arrow. it hit the target yet again, she wasn't all beauty there was also brain.

"bullseye," luke clapped behind her, the girl turned around and noticed percy next to him. "don't let the fact that she's aphrodite's kid fool you she will squash you like a bug." luke whispered in percy's ear, making sure the girl didn't hear.

"i'm guessing you're gonna try archery," she pointed at percy who nodded at her. "if you need anything i'm right here next to you." she felt it, she felt percy's heart starting to race.

"a good source of glory are feats of skill. so, we gotta figure out what you're good at." luke handed percy the bow.

"i wanna be very clear about this, i've never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous." percy clarified, aurora was the same she had such a big fear before she actually tried it.

the older boy shrugged. "and you never killed a minotaur before either, 'til you did."

percy, after a moment of thought, stepped forward and reached behind him for an arrow. a girl picked up the lighter, flickering it on and holding it out to him, giving him the choice of lighting the end of the arrow.

"i wouldn't," percy shook his head, the boy took another couple steps forward and raising the bow and arrow. suddenly, percy released the arrow in the direction of many campers, sending him and them falling to the ground. "should i try again?" he questioned, looking around at everyone.

"no! no. no." they all shouted as aurora quickly extended a hand to percy, helping him up from the ground. when he touched her hand that same stupid spark appeared again.