fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEENgolden boy

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
golden boy

LOVE IS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU SAY 'i love you,' but how much you can prove that it's true through sacrifices

LOVE IS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU SAY 'i love you,' but how much you can prove that it's true through sacrifices. the greatest act of love is the willingness to put the needs of the person you love above your own.

aurora opened her eyes, coughing out the rest of the water she had in her lungs. "did you just pull me out of there with that waterpower stuff?"

"no," percy responded, he couldn't have done that— he couldn't control his power.

"did you just—"

"i don't know, maybe?" percy cut her off. "i'm figuring this out as i go."

both of them stood up, looking up at the golden statue holding the shield, next to it there was a shining throne.

"how are we supposed to get that thing down?" percy questioned.

"these things are connected somehow." aurora inspected the items, furrowing her brows. "it's a machine, but how do you start the machine?"

"it was a gift, with a hidden purpose. hephaestus offered it to hera but as soon as she sat in it, she couldn't get up." percy explained. "all the gods tried but the machine was too smart, it was too strong, it was too much— even for them."

aurora sighed at the thought, if the gods couldn't outsmart it, how could two kids do it?

"finally, they said if hephaestus let hera free aphrodite would be his wife." percy continued as aurora frowned, she was her daughter yet she had no clue about these stories. "the chair is the bargain, one of us goes in, the other gets the shield."

"i'll do it." the girl said, it only made sense if she does it— aphrodite was used as a sacrifice by being his wife and she should follow in her footsteps.

"what? wait a minute." percy grabbed her hand, stopping her from taking a step forward.

"whoever goes in isn't coming out." aurora declared, her eyes meeting percy's. "that seems pretty clear."