twenty seven

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVENsee you soon

see you soon

EVERYONE SUFFERS AT LEAST ONE BAD BETRAYAL IN THEIR LIFETIME

EVERYONE SUFFERS AT LEAST ONE BAD BETRAYAL IN THEIR LIFETIME. it's what unites us. the trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. don't let them take that from you. but aurora couldn't ever trust him again, it's easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.

aurora had gotten out of her cabin with clarisse by her side, some kids furrowed their eyebrows at the duo— they hadn't seen them together for some time.

but their confusion was short lived because soon the kids' attention was on something else as they started clapping. "what's going on?" aurora asked.

"no idea," clarisse answered as the two looked around.

but the person had immediately caught aurora's eye, percy was back. "i'll be right back." aurora nodded to the girl before rushing over to the blonde.

aurora couldn't contain her excitement as she hurried over to percy. the sight of him, safe and sound, filled her with relief and joy. without a second thought, she wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. "hey," she spoke, her voice muffled against his shoulder.

if anything the camper's cheers had only gotten louder as they watched the two.

"hey," percy mumbled, returning the hug with a smile. the clapping around them seemed to fade away as the only thing they could focus on was each other and the spark. but they had gotten used to it, it didn't seem weird anymore.

"missed me?" percy teased, his sea eyes gleaming at the girl in front of him, she was wearing a camp half blood shirt for the first time— she never wore one while they were still at camp, the first day he met her she had a blue dress on.

"a little," aurora replied, a playful smirk on her lips.

"everything okay here?" percy questioned, it hadn't been that long since he had seen the girl but he still had to ask.

aurora glanced over to clarisse, she had a glare on her face, of course she would be pissed that percy's back. "everything's great." aurora laughed, shaking her head.