sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEENold married couple

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
old married couple

AURORA BELIEVED THAT THE BEST RELATIONSHIPS— the ones that last— are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship

AURORA BELIEVED THAT THE BEST RELATIONSHIPS— the ones that last— are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. you know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. like a switch has been flicked somewhere. and the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.

"i know who stole the lightning bolt... it was clarisse."

"what?" aurora furrowed her brow, she knew that it wasn't her, no way. "it's not her, clarisse wouldn't do that."

annabeth disagreed, she'd had a bad feeling about her since the first day the met. "clarisse is exactly the type to do that."

aurora shook her head, a stubborn expression on her face. "you don't know her like i do. clarisse is tough, but she wouldn't steal something as important as the lightning bolt. there has to be another explanation."

"wait, know her like i do?" percy repeated.

annabeth raised an eyebrow, "just because you two used to be friends doesn't mean she's innocent."

aurora crossed her arms defensively, "i won't believe it unless i hear it from her." the girl sat down on the dirty floor, she didn't want to hear anymore.

annabeth shook her head, staring at her best friend. "they were friends?" percy whispered to annabeth.

"best friends until i came along, at least that's what clarisse says." annabeth answered and sat on some hay in front of aurora.

percy sighed, going over to sit next to aurora as grover just awkwardly stood there before checking the animal cages, he didn't expect aurora to take clarisse's side.

aurora liked to see the good in people, meanwhile annabeth saw the truth.

something landed on percy's shoulder, he quickly turned his head only to notice it was aurora, her eyes were shut, and she seemed to be muttering something under her breath.