twenty two

CHAPTER TWENTY TWOannabeth and aurora forever

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
annabeth and aurora forever

WHEN WE HONESTLY ASK OURSELVES WHICH PERSON IN OUR LIVES MEAN THE MOST TO US, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand

WHEN WE HONESTLY ASK OURSELVES WHICH PERSON IN OUR LIVES MEAN THE MOST TO US, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. the friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

"we can't ignore this," grover spoke as they walked through a dark forest.

"stop," percy huffed, he was going off about the pearls.

"it's just math, the four of us, plus your mom is five people and only four pearls." grover pointed out. "someone is staying behind," grover turned back to aurora before she could speak. "and it should really be me."

"no it shouldn't," aurora insisted, she was going to make sure everyone came back.

"it wasn't your fault and even if it were you're not getting left behind." percy took a pearl out of his pocket and placed it in grover's hand. "period." aurora shook her head, they didn't let her do this but percy could? "after we get the bolt and stop this war you guys are leaving, with my mom."

"what about you?" grover asked, percy just turned his back on him, continuing to walk. "wait, wait, wait percy, what about you?"

"quests aren't linear, right?" percy looked at them for a split second "i'll figure something out—" when he turned his head a face appeared, it's face was very creepy. "sorry,"

"they can't hear you." annabeth stated.

"they?" grover repeated as birds began cawing all over the place.

"this must be asphodel," annabeth looked around all of the bodies. "i read a book about this place." she began walking forward.

"wait, no, no, no, no, no, what are you doing?" aurora tried to reach forward, missing her arm by a few inches— the last thing she needed was anything to happen to annabeth.