five

CHAPTER FIVEaurora's calling the shots

CHAPTER FIVE
aurora's calling the shots

CHARMSPEAK IS A TYPE OF HYPNOTISM OR PERSUASION IN WHICH IT ALLOWS THE SPEAKER TO CONVINCE SOMEONE ELSE TO DO OR GET WHATEVER THEY WANT

CHARMSPEAK IS A TYPE OF HYPNOTISM OR PERSUASION IN WHICH IT ALLOWS THE SPEAKER TO CONVINCE SOMEONE ELSE TO DO OR GET WHATEVER THEY WANT. the strength of the command depends on the tone and the emotion of the charmspeaker's voice, as well as their skill with it.

"there is no way this is what sacred smells like," percy gagged, the four kids were currently on a bus, which smelled absolutely horrible— next time aurora was getting a limo.

"we're soldiers on a mission, it's not a vacation." annabeth stated, the two girls sat together with annabeth sitting on the seat next to the window.

"thank you for clearing that up," percy replied, "but if this was so important, why didn't chiron spring for plane tickets? this seems kind of low priority doesn't it?"

"sorry i assumed someone had told you," grover spoke up, aurora was feeling like she was about to puke, never ever was she taking a bus again.

"tell me what?" percy asked, turning to his friend.

"percy, it isn't just the monsters who are gonna be trying to stop us, you're a forbidden child, zeus might decide to take a shot at you himself. the sky is his domain, we'd be serving you up on a silver platter to try and travel through it."

"yeah no one mentioned that," percy turned over to the girls, he was supposed to mad but noticing aurora's face his eyebrows furrowed. "you okay, sleeping beauty?"

"i'm never taking a bus again." she shook her head.

"oh aurora this is for you," annabeth spoke up, taking her backpack from the ground. "my mom got it for you."

she opened up the backpack, revealing a grey yankees cap. "is this the same as yours?" aurora asked, taking the hat from her best friend.

"mhm," annabeth nodded.

"well tell your mother thank you from me," aurora smiled, finally she was getting good news on this bus.