eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEENdaddy's home

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
daddy's home

ISN'T IT INTERESTING HOW PARENTS INDELIBLY INFLUENCE THEIR CHILDREN SIMPLY BY BEING THEMSELVES? like a soul tattoo, the mark a mom or dad leaves on their sons and daughters goes beneath the skin, yet is visible to all

ISN'T IT INTERESTING HOW PARENTS INDELIBLY INFLUENCE THEIR CHILDREN SIMPLY BY BEING THEMSELVES? like a soul tattoo, the mark a mom or dad leaves on their sons and daughters goes beneath the skin, yet is visible to all. aurora didn't know it yet but she was a copy of her father.

aurora had finally noticed the god they were looking for, playing a gambling game. the two slowly approached him as hermes looked up. "hey demigods welcome!"

aurora and percy looked at each other for a split second before the girl spoke up. "we were sent to find you."

"well you found me." hermes smirked. "come join us. you kids know how to play craps?"

"look we don't really have a lot of time, we need your help to—" aurora began, if he refused there was an easy fix, she would use charmspeak.

"i know what you need my help for." hermes cut her off, the same smirk appearing on his lips. "you want my help to sneak into the underworld."

"wow," percy spoke. "you're a really good guesser."

"i exist beyond space and time kid. why do you think they put me in charge of delivering the mail?" hermes shrugged, the kids were really staring to lose their patience. "look, you're not the first demigods to ask and trust me you won't be the first demigods to walk away disappointed. so you might as well at least play a little—"

"we're friends of luke's." aurora interrupted, she knew that the god would do anything to win over his son again.

hermes looked at them blankly for a couple of seconds. "yeah, okay." he pointed over to a sitting area at the back of the room.

"i'll be right back i need to get annabeth," aurora told percy before running over to their meeting spot.

"who's annabeth?" percy furrowed his brows as aurora walked away, yeah the lotus was really starting to work.

luckily annabeth was already at the spot, waiting for the girl. "oh thank the gods you're here, you didn't forget me right?" aurora joked, she knew annabeth would never eat one of those flowers.