eleven

CHAPTER ELEVENseabird jackson

CHAPTER ELEVEN
seabird jackson

'NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FALL, i'll be there to catch you and help you rise

'NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU FALL, i'll be there to catch you and help you rise.'

"we aren't gonna be able to outrun them for very long." grover spoke as they were walking around random streets and aurora just prayed that her best friend had a plan.

"we don't need to, we just need a safe place to hole up," annabeth replied, aurora sighed in relief she could tell by her voice that she had planned something.

"some place safe, any ideas where we might find one of those?" percy questioned.

"i do," annabeth answered. "a sanctuary dedicated to athena, built by one of her demigod children a long time ago."

"and my mom has the big ego?" aurora scoffed, she didn't have a whole sanctuary built just for her.

"there is an athenian template hidden somewhere in the middle of downtown st. louis?" grover interrogated, this was the first time he had ever heard about this.

"yes, except it's not all that hidden." annabeth smiled as she saw the big building, she had always loved architecture especially ones that were built for her mom.

"it's 630 feet wide, 630 feet tall, both to within an inch." annabeth explained as aurora's jaw dropped at the place, she assumed that what she was seeing was the world's tallest arch because it was hard to believe that there was a bigger one.

"it's got no internal support, each side is balanced perfectly against the other." the arches served not only as architectural elements but also as a visual narrative, narrating the tales of battles, wisdom, and the goddess herself. "the arch is held up by symmetry, it's held up by math."

"and it's earthquake proof so poseidon can't ruin it." she finished, looking over at percy as they entered the building. aurora's eyes widened with awe as she absorbed the interior, it was beautiful in here.

"it's amazing," aurora finally managed to utter.

"nice," percy shrugged, sure it was really cool but he didn't find anything special about it.