ten

CHAPTER TENrunning away from monsters and the police

CHAPTER TEN
running away from monsters and the police

CHAPTER TENrunning away from monsters and the police

AURORA BELIEVED IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT... but it's not the first moment you lay eyes on a person, it's the moment you first see the person they truly are.

"relax i'll get us out of this," aurora shrugged, she was going to use charmspeak on the officer so he would let them go.

"not right now," annabeth stopped her from calling one of the officers over, she didn't know which one of them was the monster.

"so we're just killing time 'till we find out that guy's like a werewolf or something, right?" percy looked over at the man speaking to the woman that accused them for something they didn't do.

"i don't think he's a monster." annabeth observed, whispering to the three.

"hard to say," grover replied.

"well, if he's not a monster what's going on here?" percy questioned, they had been on this quest for two days and have already faced two monsters. "why would anyone tear our room apart?"

"i bet it's the lady," aurora added, she completely made up a story that she heard kid voices from the room if that wasn't suspicious the she didn't know what was.

"maybe they were looking for something," grover assumed.

"we don't have anything," percy stated, unless someone wanted to steal aurora's designer bag, but that was on her all the time.

"the people who think you stole zeus's master bolt might disagree." aurora pointed out, her expression serious.

"right," percy nodded.

"well look, they're not gonna find something we don't have." grover commented.

"either way, we're not spending the day answering questions in the st. louis police station." annabeth protested, they had much more important business. "we need to get out of this before we get delayed."

"well, i can get us out of this if i just—" aurora stopped talking, noticing a woman making her way over and tap annabeth on the shoulder.

"do you mind if i sit?" the woman asked as the kids exchanged uncertain glances, they weren't sure about the woman's intentions. she placed her pet down and walked over to where percy and aurora were sitting.