twenty three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREEbonding time

bonding time

SOMETIMES AURORA WONDERED WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO BE A NORMAL KID, not battling monsters, not having to go on deadly quests just going to school and going to football games, going to the mall with your best friends it all seemed so peaceful

but if she was given the option she'd never change her situation, aurora liked being a half—blood, she didn't like peace, she liked chaos.

aurora, percy and grover made their way over to hades' palace, they were greeted by his guards hitting their spears on the ground at the entrance. the door began rumbling as it slowly opened, revealing the inside of the place. the three walked forward, stopping on a platform that took them up.

the platform stopped with a loud thud, the kids looked around the place, it basically looked like everything else there, dark and gloomy, no pink in sight.

"is this our stop or?" grover asked as footsteps began approaching them, the closer they came the louder they became.

"hey fellas welcome!" aurora immediately recognized the man, it was hades. now hades wasn't that bad, quite frankly she actually liked him. "sorry about all the... oh... anyways it's great to meet you, i know who you are and you know who i am so we can just skip right past that." he stopped in front of them. "can i get you anything? fresh pomegranate juice, a snack?"

"actually if—" grover started, that did sound really nice right now.

"my mother." percy interjected, they came here for one thing and one thing only.

"boom," hades said, these kids were very persistent. "straight to business, i admire the cut of your jib." percy just stared at him, "little nautical reference for you. i see you."

"where is she?" percy questioned, he was starting to lose his patience.

"right, okey—doke. let's get to it." hades nodded, walking away from them. "you've come all this way don't be shy."

the three looked at each other before following after the god, he seemed trustworthy enough— at least that's what aurora thought. he took them to some space, it had a couch and a golden statue, it was a woman, aurora guessed it was percy's  mom.