twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOURlucky necklace

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
lucky necklace

CHAPTER TWENTY FOURlucky necklace

AURORA MISSED CAMP. she missed waking up in the morning in her bed, she missed the stupid kids running around, she missed sword training, archery— she missed it all.

that was her home.

aurora, annabeth and grover stood behind percy as he made his way over to ares, sword in hand. to say aurora was nervous would be an understatement, sure ares was a complete and total idiot but he was the god of war after all.

"single combat!" percy yelled, his eyes narrowing at the god.

ares scoffed. "what?"

"what?" the three kids repeated, was he insane? well aurora thought they established that he was but this much?

"one on one." percy clarified, "but i set the terms, if i draw first blood, i keep the bolt and you surrender the helm." ares laughed straight to his face, this kid couldn't be serious could he? "do you accept?"

"i mean it's your funeral kid." ares smirked but then his face turned serious. "although just to be clear no funeral, any trace of you leaves a trace of my plan and we can't do that."

"it wasn't your plan, though, was it?" percy shook his head. "it was kronos, it was his idea to frame poseidon's kid and steal hades' helm and zeus' bolt to start a war."

annabeth poked both grover and aurora, the two looked down at the shorter girl. "what?"

"is that where he got to you, too?" percy started taking small steps forward as the three other kids moved a bit to the side. "through your dreams?"

ares' jaw clenched, his eyebrows cinching together. "god's don't dream, little man..." he raised his voice. "and no one tells the god of war how to start a fight! after you die say hi to your mommy for me."

this was percy's last straw, the two charged at one another. ares tried to strike percy with his sword, but percy dodged it.

aurora's breath had caught in her throat as she watched, the girl reached for annabeth's hand, hoping for some comfort right now. "he's gonna be okay." annabeth reassured her, giving her hand a tight squeeze. "he always is."