eight

CHAPTER EIGHTaurora's biggest enemy is the consensus song

CHAPTER EIGHT
aurora's biggest enemy is the consensus song

NOTE TO SELF, do not run in people's creepy, dark basements— especially not medusa's

NOTE TO SELF, do not run in people's creepy, dark basements— especially not medusa's. it will end up very bad.

the kids looked at the door as it creaked, expecting to see medusa but instead fire burst all around them, making all of the statues visible— the statues that were once human. aurora took a deep breath, this is probably why her mother wasn't a war god anymore.

"come on," annabeth grabbed aurora and pointed for the two boys to follow her as the door shut. they ran farther away from the door, there was a statue at every step.

"there's four of us, and only one of her," grover pointed out. "if we split up, she can't be watching us all at once."

"i don't think it'd be that simple." annabeth replied, aurora looked around at all of the artifacts that used to be people, if they didn't do something soon that could be them.

"it could be," aurora nodded, maybe grover had a good idea— he was a protector after all.

"here's the plan, i'll get in the air, i'll draw her attention. as soon as you hear me, say 'maia' you guys start—" before grover could finish his sentence, he started floating as the red shoes began flopping their wings. "off, down!" grover screamed, the three couldn't even see him anymore— he flew somewhere in the darkness.

"so we're gonna need a new plan," annabeth stated, aurora and percy nodded, still staring up at the ceiling in case grover appeared.

"we are not our parents until we choose to be," medusa's voice called, the three widened their eyes and made a run for it— before this quest aurora rarely ran and now look at her. "you have chosen."

"the hat," annabeth whispered to aurora, taking her one out and disappearing. aurora nodded, grabbing it out of her jacket and immediately placing it on her head.

"a daughter of a self-righteous mother, who chose self-righteousness for herself." they could hear the snakes hissing in her hair, annabeth was so close to jumping out and killing her herself, no one talks about her mother that way.